Chapter 22: Truth Or Dare

In case you forgot what's going on, here's a recap from chapters 1-21:

Grace is pure; never had her first kiss, never been in a relationship, never had sex. Until her arrangement with Avery begins. Now she has to juggle between school, developing her social skills, and learn how to kiss from the most popular guy at school. Along the way, she meets Dylan and Michael, causing more stress to her once stress-free, sheltered life. They all attend Avery's party where Dylan's drunken colors come out, Michael fights the host and Avery gets kicked in the face. That didn't stop the wounded kisses, extra lessons and new found love from growing.

Later on, Grace and Dylan go on a what started off as a fun date to the mall. It went from bad to worse; starting from his constant texting to slapping "it's-not-you-it's-me" in her face after. Grace is in need of a girl-chat with her best friend, Allison, but she hasn't been able to get in contact with her, all day. Grace thought she had news to share, until Avery calls to spill the tea. He informs her that not only did Allison stand his brother, Michael, up on their "date," she went on a date with Dylan instead. Avery lends Grace a shoulder after he picks her up from home. Grace appreciates the effort, as well as the steaminess Avery stirred up in the park (just in time for the rain to cool them down!)

»

Does Allison know that I know about her and Dylan?

I'm sure she'll find out that I know.

Maybe she knows that I know, meaning that I know she knows that I know.

Sighing, I shut my shower off.

My mind was still overwhelmed from last night. Finding out that Allison stood Michael up on their date to be with Dylan. I don't think I would've been hurt if she told me because that's what best friends do, they talk about things, but she didn't. The fact that she lied to me to hang out with Dylan was like a stomp on our friendship.

I walked to my room to get dressed for another school day. Allison never called or texted me last night or this morning. So I assumed she was still picking me up for school. But truth is, I don't want to be around her at the moment.

Hopefully it didn't sound irrational, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole situation. My best friend lied to me, going out with a guy I went on a date with just the day before.

Regardless, I didn't want to see her. At least not yet.

My phone buzzed, and almost miraculously my worries withered away.

Need a ride?

I read Avery's text, surprised he would even text me, much less offer me a ride to school.

That would be great, thanks

When do you want me to get you?

In about twenty minutes, if it's okay

Ok. I'll see you thenSighing, I needed to tell Allison not to come this morning. As much as I wanted to hear her side of the story, I just couldn't bring myself to face her.

Without a thought, I quickly sent her a text.

Hey, Avery's driving me this morning. No need to stop by