Chapter 15: Sky Rocketing Heels

Start from the beginning

“Oh.” I turned back to my room, only to be stopped by my mother’s voice.

“Uh, hold on missy. Where do you think you’re going?” She said as she awkwardly placed a hand on her hip. The sternness didn’t suit her since she stopped being concerned with me after her and dad split up.

Not that she was a bad mother, she just stopped fretting over things that didn’t involve herself.

“To a party. Is it okay if I go?”

“Um… yeah. Just ask me next time.”

“Okay.” I closed my door and walked to my dresser. I picked out matching white undergarments and quickly changed. After, I slipped into the dark red, almost burgundy dress.

Luckily, there was no zipper, so I didn’t have trouble putting it on.

The material felt softer than it did in the store, but it was really thin. I hope it wasn’t chilly outside or I’ll freeze faster than normal.

Being outside in shorts, a skirt, dress, short sleeves, basically anything that showed skin, can be fine at first but it will slowly creep up on you and next thing you know, you’re shivering like Jack in The Shinning.

“Gracie, button this up for me.” Ally whined over her shoulder.

I made my way over to her and buttoned the top one on the back. It was really small and hard to get in.

“Done.” I said and slapped her arm.

“Okay… how do I look?” She asked as she did various poses in her sequenced white dress.

“Unbelievable. Shall I kneel in your presence, oh great one?” I asked in what was supposed to be a British accent. It came out sounding more Australian.

“If you must.” She fanned herself.

We laughed and got into our shoes.

She tried to convince me to wear heels once again, but while she was telling me all the reasons why I should, I pulled on my white low converse and kept repeating “uh-huh” and “I see.”

It was now about 8:15 when we decided to leave. I had to help Ally get in the car so she wouldn’t fall.

The ride was only about twenty minutes and an extra 10 when we had to look for parking. It was a no-brainer that we wouldn’t find a good spot on this street.

We had to park about three and a half blocks over. Which I didn’t mind because it was practically empty, so we didn’t have to worry about being blocked in.

 “Oh my gosh, can you believe it?” Ally squealed.

“Believe what?” I questioned as we made our way down the street. The music filled the night’s air. It was a sudden reminder of whose party we were going to.

“You’re going to Avery’s party and he’s expecting some stuff tonight.” She said while making kissing noises.

“I forgot about that.” I didn’t actually.

“Oh, Gracie! Kiss me with your virgin lips! Kiss me and let us show the world how we pleasure ourselves with sin!” She practically jumped on me with her theatrical voice.

I couldn’t help but laugh and try to get her off of me. “You’re so annoying.”

“I don’t see it.” Ally breathed out.

“So how long are we going to stay?”

“Until Avery, or the cops, kick us out. Whichever comes first.”