31

Scarlett stands beside Carol, cooking up some food

Scarlett stands beside Carol, cooking up some food. She stirs the oatmeal in the pot before spooning it into some bowls. People come up to the tent, grabbing the bowls. "Thank you, Scarlett."A man says and Scarlett sends him a smile, a dimple appearing on her left cheek. "Your welcome." She walks away from him, feeling his stare on her back. She sets the pot down, hearing everyone greet Daryl as he walks up,

"Smells good." Daryl mumbles, grabbing a piece of deer. Scarlett stares at him for a few seconds before looking back down at the small fire. "Just so you know I liked you first." Scarlett bites the inside of her cheek, feeling jealousy build up inside her. She hates this feeling she has for him, makes her feel like a teenager.

"Patrick, can you help Scarlett?" Carol asks the teenage boy, handing him the tones. "Yes ma'am. Mr. Dixon, I just wanted to thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was real treat sir and I'd be honored to shake your hand." Scarlett stifles a laugh, causing Daryl to look at her with his striking blue eyes. Daryl licks his finger before shaking Patrick's hand, rolling his eyes at the woman. Carol and Daryl walk off, Scarlett watching them. "Ms. Jenner?" Patrick speaks up, causing Scarlett to snap out of her daze and look towards him. "I told you, Patrick. Call me Scarlett." She scolds, her eyes narrowing in a playful way.

Patrick apologizes before continuing. "Why is it you always stare at Mr. Dixon?" He asks and Scarlett freezes, her cheeks turning red. A million excuses pile inside her mind and she chooses the best one. "I zone out a lot and stare at random people." She lies, looking down at the deer meat, flipping it. "Oh." Patrick simply says, flipping the meat on his side.

"Patrick, do you mind taking this over? I have to get ready for the run." Scarlett asks after a couple of minutes. Patrick nods, a smile on his face. "Stay safe out there Ms-Scarlett." Patrick quickly corrects himself and Scarlett excuses herself, walking away from the tent. Pulling her gun from out of her pants, she pulls the clip out, checking the ammo.

She presses her lips together, sliding the clip back in and stuffing it back in her pants. She walks towards Daryl, who's putting stuff into the truck. "Do you have any extra pistol clips loaded?" She asks, peaking her head around the truck. Daryl looks up from the bag, looking at her. "Uh-Yeah." He awkwardly says, grabbing one from the bag and handing it to her, their fingers touching. She clears her throat before pulling the clip, sliding it in her front pants pocket. "Thanks." She mumbles, walking away from him, cheeks red.

Scarlett grabs a backpack, looking inside of it. Shrugging her shoulders, she grabs the strap, walking back towards the truck. She stands beside Daryl, loading some stuff into the truck. "Ya' have an admirer." Daryl grumbles, glancing down at Scarlett. She furrows her eyebrows, turning around to see the man from earlier. "I don't even know his name." She replies, looking back towards Daryl, her blue eyes softening. "He seems nice, I guess?" Scarlett states before turning back around, picking. a bag up and setting it in the back. "Ya' guess?"