12

Standing in the RV, Scarlett stands in front of Carol

Standing in the RV, Scarlett stands in front of Carol. "Carol, I'm so sorry about So—" Carol cuts Sophia off by sending Scarlett a glare. "You promised you would find her!" Carol yells, standing to her feet.

"I did say that and we did find her. I never promised we would find her alive." Scarlett retorts, getting upset. Carol rolls her eyes, stepping up to Scarlett. "If you wouldn't of stepped in that hole, you could've caught up with her and she would still be alive!"

Scarlett's face falls, tears threatening to spill. "Y—You're blaming her death on me?" Scarlett asks sadly. "Scarlett that's not—" Carol goes to say but Scarlett shakes her head, putting her hands up. "Save it." She mutters before walking out of the RV, Daryl standing there.

Scarlett pushes past him, walking up to the place where the corpses are going to be buried. She stands towards the back, behind Maggie and Glenn. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Daryl walk up without Carol.

After the funeral, everyone leaves except Scarlett and Daryl. "I don't get it." She whispers, looking over at Daryl. "You and I were the two who never gave up, were we being delusional or something? We should've known in this world, the poor girl wouldn't of survived. Yet, we still looked for her and believed she was still out there, alive. And here I am, getting blamed for a girl's death. Do you know how that feels? It feels horrible."

"We ain't delusional, we had hope. Something the others didn't have." Daryl responds, surprised at the words coming out of his mouth. "Come on." Daryl says and grabs Scarlett's forearm, pulling her away from the grave.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett sits in the living room talking to Glenn and Maggie, her two closest friends. "You and Daryl are so much alike." Maggie blurts and Scarlett looks up from the paper she was drawing on, eyebrows raised. "Hell no." Scarlett exclaims, chuckling.

"Yeah. Y'all are both quiet, are driven by goals and y'all can be rude." Glenn points out and Scarlett frowns. "I'm only rude to someone if they are rude to me." Suddenly some glasses break and Scarlett jumps to her, completely forgetting about the drawing. She runs to the kitchen, spotting Beth on the floor. "Shit." She mutters and walks towards her, checking her pulse. "Glenn, bring her to her bed." Scarlett demands, already grabbing a rag and wetting it. Scarlett rushes up the stairs to Beth's room, just in time to see Glenn setting her down.

Scarlett sets the cold rag on her head, brushing away her blonde hair. "She seems to be in a state of shock. This happened to my father when my mom passed." Scarlett explains, looking up at Maggie's face. "There is not much I can do. We need Hershel."

♢ ♢ ♢

"He has gone to a place to drink." Glenn says, walking out of the house. Scarlett looks over at Maggie. "Is there a specific bar?"