[New Ver.] YasoInaba

Start from the beginning

The familiar station that she had finally gotten used to slowly began to slide to her right, gradually escaping her vision, as the train started moving

The familiar station that she had finally gotten used to slowly began to slide to her right, gradually escaping her vision, as the train started moving. Inserting her earbud back into her ear, she recalled the events that occurred a few days ago in beat with the music. The sad, lonesome violin resurfaced the faces of her upset classmates, shortly escalating to her parents apologetic expressions as the violin picked up its tempo. Sighing quietly to herself, she rubbed the back of her head. Another year, another school, another uniform.

She had already lost count of the amount of school uniforms she has worn in the past years. The whole process was numb to her by now. The paperwork, the questions, the funding, the polite speeches and farewells... She wasn't a fan of it. It was too troublesome and in some ways unethical. Especially how time time around, her parents were going overseas for work and didn't even consider bringing her along. It might have been too expensive. So instead, she was told to live with her uncle. An uncle, mind you, she wasn't even aware existed. Must not have been a family favorite. Not only that, she was going to stay someplace for an entire year. Something she was definitely not looking forward to.

The girl blinked in surprise, her hand instinctively reaching to her pocket to pull out her phone. Typing in her password a bit awkwardly, still trying to get used to the new cellular device, she opened the message app and tapped on the first message that appeared.

Meet us outside YasoInaba Station at 4 PM.

A text from her uncle. The girl nodded and locked the phone, stuffing it back to her pocket. It was going to be a while till she arrived to the next train station. With this in mind, she began to make a plan of how to spend the rest of her day with extreme detail.

After this train, she needs to ride another one before arriving to her destination. After that, she'll meet her uncle. He'll most likely take her straight over to his house where her stuff will be already waiting for her to unpack. If he knows how to cook, then she'll go on ahead and unpack a little. If he doesn't and ends up getting something from a convenient store, she'll go on ahead and eat with him first, then unpack. It has been a long couple of days, so she knew she wanted to go to bed early tonight. Especially since school starts tomorrow.

The girl hummed to herself in though, drawing a few unwanted eyes by accident. With a nod, she decided to double check her school bag before she slept.

"We will be arriving at YasoInaba terminal in a few minutes," a voice announced over the train's PA system, causing the girl to look up, taking out one of her earbuds. "Passengers heading for Inaba City and YasoInaba terminal, please move to the other side of the platform." Before she was even aware, her stop had arrived. Not too surprising though, seeing as how she was on the bullet train. She was already fifteen minutes behind her original planned out schedule, and the last thing she wanted was to cause trouble for her new family member.

Once the train stopped and the doors opened, she shuffled out with the rest of the passengers. She was able to slip out of the train with ease and made her way across the cement boarding station. Thankfully, her next train was already waiting for passengers, to which she and few others climbed on board. Taking note of this, the girl concluded that Inaba was a quiet little town.