PART 15.

LAUREN POV:
The next day I had already set aside to do some work, it's great being able to work from anywhere, not stuck in an office, I can work from home, from a park, a cafe, anywhere. I spend the day in the hotel just working, Robyn sits beside me with her own laptop, looking into jobs, preferably near to where we live. But I wouldn't mind moving, right now neither of us can afford to live on our own and neither of us want to. I used to share my apartment with my other best friend, but she got a job in a different city a few weeks before Robyn moved in, I offered for her to live with me because I was lonely. As long as we're either together or with other people, then we can move. I would prefer to live in a city, but I could be convinced otherwise if an unmissable opportunity arose.

The day went very slowly which was good for me because I felt like I was getting more work done and bad for Robyn because she wasn't having any success finding something in her skillset. I turn to her, I have to pull her face away from the screen, the frown on her face makes me frown too "If you can't find anything in our city broaden your search." "By how much?" "A little at a time, I'm willing to move. I'm not abandoning you." She smiles a little and shuts her laptop "I think I'll keep looking another day." I nod "Good idea, I've got more work days arranged for this trip, you can look during the next one." "What do you want for dinner?" "Mac cheese?" She gives me a thumbs up and heads to the kitchen.

I wonder what the Avengers are doing tomorrow? Should I text them? Is it too soon?

I pull out my phone and type in Clint's number, I decide to play a bit 'Hey babe, you were looking so fine at that party downtown last night, can't wait to see you again. I've never seen such a looker on the dancefloor and the way you worked that pole, woo! You know, I feel like one hell of a lucky person, no one would ever believe you fell for me, of all people. Me. Anyway, you interested in doing something tomorrow night? xx' I feel myself laughing at the text as I press send.

What sort of person are you gonna be Clint? You gonna be honest? Flirt back? Pretend to be the other person? Or block me?

'Hi there, this isn't who you think it is, sorry.' 'Knowing my luck you're probably hotter, maybe my best friend will like you.' 'Sorry, I'm not interested.' 'Yet. Babe, you haven't met me yet, you want the time of your life, you text me and you'll get it. New York baby, New York.' He doesn't reply anymore. I leave my phone on the bed and head into the kitchen, I help finish dinner and we eat together. After dinner we wash up and have a bit of a water fight during. Robyn gets in the shower and I get back to work, forgetting about my phone.

ROBYN POV:
I wake up to a phone ringing, I don't recognise the tune which tells me it's Lauren's, but why would someone be calling her? I kick her and she falls of the bed, she sits up and glares at me. I sign "Your phone is ringing." I look at the clock beside our bed, it says it's about 9:30am, I lay back down and close my eyes. When I feel someone straddling me I open one eye and look up at my sister, a huge grin on her face and her phone in her hands. I open my other eye and take the phone from her to look at the screen. She has had 1 missed call and some texts 'You got it babe, just text me a location and we're on.' 'How about we meet tomorrow at 1pm for lunch at Sammy's in upstate ;)' I put her phone on my chest.

When did she get someone's phone number?

"Who the hell are you flirting with?" She wheezes and gets off me, we sit opposite each other on the bed "Clint." "What?" "He gave me his phone number yesterday so we can organise for us all to hang out again. I was messing with him last night, pretending to be someone else since he didn't have my number. But these texts were sent this morning." I pick up the phone again and look through all the texts "You flirt! But he said no, why would he play along now?" She shrugs "But now we play along too."