PART 14.

STEVE POV:
I walk into the living room, where everyone is sitting in silence "Dinner's ready." Most of the team jump up and hurry to the kitchen, everyone else follows after them, everyone sits around the island in the kitchen as Tony and I serve. Robyn sits with Bucky on her left and her sister on her right, Lauren has Clint on her other side. We don't talk much while we eat, but as soon as people are finished, the conversations break out.

Dinner's nearly over when someone's phone rings, Tony tuts "Who brought their phone to the dinner table again?" Robyn smiles apologetically "E-Excuse me." She takes her phone out of her jean pocket and walks into the living room "Hello?" When we've all finished and everything is in the dishwasher we wait for Robyn to come off the phone before walking into the living room. It's been about 5 minutes when she walks back in, she looks sad. Natasha beats everyone to the question "Everything okay?" "Uh, I-I have to find a new job." Lauren walks over and her hands start furiously flying around. We all head into the living room to let them talk about it.

LAUREN POV:
"It was your boss?" "He said the veterinary burned down today." "It what!? Was everyone okay?" "Someone died and they didn't manage to get to two of the dogs out." Tears start rolling down her face. I pull her close, understanding how much she loves animals. After a few minutes I pull out of the hug "Let's go back to our hotel, watch Friends and go to bed?" She nods, wiping tears from her face, I wrap an arm around her shoulders and I pick my purse up in my other hand. We walk into the living room where everyone looks over at us, well, at Robyn.

She really hasn't been having a good day, has she? At least we made some friends and at least she wasn't at work today, I could've lost her.

I put my purse under my arm and let go of my sister to sign to the others. Robyn looks down at her feet, wringing her hands in front of her "We're heading back to the hotel." Clint signs "What happened?" "Where she works got burned down today, a staff member died and so did some of the animals. She's a veterinarian." He nods and speaks in Tony's direction, Tony nods and heads towards the elevator "He'll take you back to your hotel, let me give you my phone number. We should all meet up again before you go home, if we can." I nod and smile a little. I pull my notebook and pen out of my bag, he writes down a number and hands it back. We get into the elevator and it automatically takes us down. When we step out we're in a garage, I notice Tony waving and lead Robyn over to him.

I wrote down the address and gave it to Tony, he drove us to the hotel and I showed him again how to sign "Goodbye." We watched Friends until about midnight, when we both fell asleep on the couch.