Turn this park into a club
The stars and lights and the moon is the vibe from above
Skateboards here's our ride so pull on up everyone is waiting for us
So anywhere we are
Anywhere we go
Everybody knows
We got the party with us!!

I laughed as we belted the lyrics at the top of our lungs, the boys even starting to join in. I was so lucky to have friends in my life who accepted me as the weirdo the I am, but a part of me couldn't forget the fact that he wasn't there.

~~~

We all sat by the lake, watching the sunset.

"This is pretty incredible." josh said, awe struck by the beauty of the scene in front of us. everyone chanted in agreement, but only one thought crossed my mind.

"Sean would have loved this." I said, solemnly, looking outwards, avoiding the looks of my friends.

"yea, he really would have kayc," Julian replied, coming to sit beside me. "it must be hard, him not being here." he wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me tight.

"its really hard Julian," I admitted, my eyes swelling with tears. I pulled my self away from his embrace, biting my bottom lips, holding in my emotions. 

"you two are inseparable, best friends" Bailey added, coming over to where we were seated. "and its hard to be without your best friend, especially with ones like you two. Who are tied at the hip at all times."

"it feels like a part of my soul is missing bails." I choked out, coming closer and closer to tears. At that moment, every one of my friends came and wrapped around me, engulfing each other in huge group hug. I smiled weakly at them when we finally released from our huddle, feeling slightly more at ease.

"you good girl?" tahani joked, pushing me gently, making me laugh.

"ya I think so," 

"Ok well then I gotta ask..." Kenneth interrupted, always inquisitive. "are you and Sean really "just friends"?"he asked, making air quotations with his fingers.

"seriously dude?" Josh and Julian both said, coming to my rescue.

"its fine guys," I said, putting my arm in front of the guys, stopping their rescue mission short. "I mean, yea. Me and Sean are friends, best friends."

"so you haven't had 'more than friends' feelings for Sean?"he asked, the tone in his voice showing he didn't believe me.

"Well, I..." I started, trying to form my thoughts into coherent sentences. "Sean is more than a friend to me, he is a part of me, he's my soulmate. Wether thats romantically or not, i'm not sure."

"Ok, well if its him you're worried about, don't be, he's in deep with you" Kenneth added, a smirk on his face.

"whats that supposed to mean?"

"The way he looks at you kaycee, you are his world. Every time you enter a room, all of his focus is on you. You are his priority, always. Making sure you're ok, that you're safe." Kenn said, looking at me. "kaycee, Sean loves you, more than he knows."

"you don't know thats true." I said, defensively, building my wall up.

"you're right, I don't, but i'm pretty darn sure." 

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore." I said, feeling my sadness come rushing back, the lack of him draining me. "lets go have cake."

Sitting at the table, I stared at the cake in front of me. My first in 4 years that wasn't made by him. Everyone sang happy birthday, clapping as I blew out my candles, all 17. The only wish that came through my mind was him to be there

seaycee// one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara