Only to hear my alarm going off.

I sat up, my eyes wide. I began pondering where that strange dream had come from and why I had felt some sort of connection with the strange dog-wolf that had been in my dream. I couldn't fathom it, wolves couldn't talk so why had the one in my dream been so real? Why was it so insistent on reaching out to me?

"This is crazy," I muttered as I got out of bed. I instantly missed the warmth that my covers provided and the darkness that still loomed outside reminded me that it was way too early to even be out of bed.I wasn't a morning person and I never had been, even when it came to school, but I wasn't given much of a choice; I had to go.

I sighed and plugged my ipod into my stereo as I began to get ready,knowing that the day ahead was going to be very eventful. The only hope that I had was of the two people I had met the day before, Nathan and Lilly. They seemed very nice and I could only hope that they had meant what they said about being my friend.

The hot water from the shower was enough to wake me up completely,although the dread that was currently filling my stomach was enough to wipe the sleepiness from my eyes. I was definitely not looking forward to the first day, I never did, but I was trying to stay positive, just in case this school held something for me that my previous ones did not.

Once I was dressed, a blue dress matched with a white pair of leggings, I made my way downstairs to see my parents and David already seated at the kitchen table. It was odd to see my parents actually here since they were hardly ever home. Since my mother was a doctor, it kept her out of the house for long hours at a time. My dad's job was a mystery, David wouldn't even tell me what he did. All I was aware of, was that my dad ran some sort of company with a lot of people and he had to be present all the time because he was in charge of these people. He had different branches all over the continent, it was large. What kind of business he indulged in was still a mystery tome.

"Sarah,how are you settling in?" My mom questioned with a small smile. "I hope that you're making friends."

"I haven't been here very long, mom. I'm not just going to make friends within twenty four hours, you should know that by now." I grumbled as I grabbed an apple off of the table. "I'm going to go ahead and leave, I'm already dreading this day. I might as well get it over with."

"Sarah,be optimistic!" David said with a grin. "Who knows what will happen! You're almost nineteen, that is a very big milestone! You'll get a car, oooh and who knows! You might even get a really hot California boyfriend! All ta-"

I walked over towards my older brother and flicked him in the forehead,a laugh forcing it's way from my throat. He would have to point out that I'm a senior and just about to be nineteen. I was held back a year in elementary school because I was behind all of the other kids and my parents decided it was easier."You're an idiot. Quit stereotyping people, you've got to stop reading books on the internet! Just because we're in California doesn't mean that it's going to the same way that it's portrayed in movies or TV shows."

David pouted. "Don't ruin my fun, Sarah-Bear!"

"Youtwo are like cats and dogs," my mother grumbled as she came towards us with a smile on her face. "I'm going out of town tomorrow, I have an important surgery to do in Massachusetts. So I'll be gone for several weeks, your father has a meeting in Oregon. So it will just be the two of you for awhile again."

Of course.

David sighed and shook his head, "it's not like you're ever here anyways.You weren't even there when I found my ma-I mean my wife. You missed out on mine and Julie's wedding because of your job, mom."