Chapter 1

Heyy! So this is the new and improved Chapter 1! I really hope you guys aren't too disappointed that the original story is not on here anymore... :/ If you still like the original, I will add a final part to the story and upload the whole thing, but only if you guys want it.

So this version is a lot different, but the idea is still the same. Lance is still the same jerk that he was before and even more so, Jane is the same evil and vindictive person that she was in the original and Lilly is still the same innocent person that we all loved. ;)

Nathan's personality changed a bit and he's probably my favorite now. ;)

I've recently broke up with my first love and my first boyfriend so this story has really given me something to focus on... I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Also I live in Texas, I've been here my whole life. This is why you will read "y'all" a lot in my books. It's natural for me and for ANYONE in Texas. Those of you who do live here know what I'm talking about! ;)

I'm sorry if it bothers you but I can't change how I am.

If anything I say about California is wrong, don't be afraid to tell me. :) I need to know, I don't want to get anything wrong about this lovely state!!

Chapter 1

Eureka California, my new home and my new life; it sounded like something out of a romance novel where in the end the Heroine lives happily ever after with the Duke who swept her off her feet.

Yeah, not in this lifetime and definitely not in any lifetime as far as my happily ever after is concerned. My life just up and exploded in the period of six months since my mother got transferred from San Antonio Texas to a hospital here in Eureka California. It wasn't that I wasn't happy for her, because I was.... But, when life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade.

Right?

Except I can't make lemonade, because once again, I'm stuck being the new girl, the one that everyone can't seem to forget. I know that my mom's job is important and all because saving lives and being the Doctor who saves those lives is very important. But she's never home, neither of my parents are ever home, so how would they know what it's like for me to start over?

This is my 32nd time to be the new girl and even though I should be more then used to it by now, well I'm not. San Antonio was really beginning to grow on me and the people there were really nice, I made friends almost immediately. It was my home away from home, seeing as how I've lived in a lot of states, but that wasn't technically my fault.

Maybe I was just stubborn, but I liked my life in Texas and I had only been there for the better part of three years, moving from city to city. It was an interesting state and regardless of the stereotypical rumors about it, the people there, I learned did not ride horses all the time. It was kind of humorous the first time I asked someone where their horse was.

His response still has me laughing so hard, I almost pee myself. "Where's your horse? Did you leave it in your car? Yes I do know what a car is. We don't all ride horses here you silly girl!" And then he winked at me as he said "yeehaw!" He walked away after that, but he became one of my closest friends and I still can't believe I asked him that on my first day there.

The best part about Texas was the amazing scenery and the beautiful hearts of some of the people there and no, they don't talk like "hicks" or "cowboys". Although I wish someone would have told me that before I moved there.

But some stories are better left untold.

"Sarah? Do you have everything unpacked?" David, my older brother, the person who has raised me my entire life, walked into my room and stared at the mess that was currently my floor. "I guess that answers my question."