Chapter 2

"Sarah," the voice whispered, pulling me closer and closer into this incomprehensible place that I was very unfamiliar with. It was like I wasn't even there, surrounded by bright lights and I felt like I was floating, but my destination was unknown.

"Who are you?" I questioned, curiously.

The person never answered and I squinted, trying to get a grasp on what exactly was going on but I couldn't make anything out, only brightlights.

"That was intentional," the voice said, a little louder than before.

"What? What does that mean?"

I faintly saw the outlines of someone in the distance, but I was still unable to identify anything. "The bright lights were intentional, I didn't want you to be able to see me this way."

"What way?" I queried, this strange person was making no sense and I was beginning to believe that this in between state that I was in was unreal.

"That isn't important, Sarah. What is important however.... Is that you are aware of the danger that you are in."

Danger? What is this person talking about? It felt as if this person was speaking to me in my head, like this stranger was reading mythoughts.

"I don't understand...."

The stranger moved forward and came into view and when I was given a clear view of the stranger, I gasped. Standing before me was a dog-no, that wasn't the right name for it.... It was huge and it reminded me somewhat of Jacob Black from Twilight, only much larger.... but those were only stories weren't they?

"Stay away!" I cried as I desperately tried to move away, but something was holding me in place, keeping me frozen. "D-don't come any closer!"

The wolf bowed it's head, a whine escaping it's snout. "Sarah, I would never hurt you... You have no idea how many times I have tried to connect with you..... It's never worked before, but there can only be one reason it's working now..."

"How can you speak? You're... You're a dog!"

"I'm not a dog, Sarah. That's a bit offensive if you ask me." The wolf stuck it's snout in the air, arrogance rolling off of it in very strong waves. "I'm a wolf and this is a dream... But it's a very real dream, Sarah. I'm also not speaking, not with my mouth anyways.I'm in your head, love."

"Just stay away from me." I whimpered, putting my hands over my face.This could not be real.... I'm talking to a dog... A dog. There is something seriously wrong with this picture, I have to be going crazy! This is only a dream.

"You're not going crazy."

"Stay out of my head!"

"I'm in your head... and this is only a dream. But I am very real. What I am is very real."

I frowned, "what is that supposed to mean?"

"You'll find out soon enough.... I'm afraid that our time is up. Your alarm seems to be going off, it's time to wake up now sweetheart."

"Wait! You didn't tell me who you were and why.... Why I'm talking to a dog."

"I told you that I'm not a dog and as for who I am.... Well, that will be revealed in due time my dear. It's time to wake up now."

"But-"

"Wake up, Sarah. Open your eyes."

And for some unknown reason, I did....