(11) "I'm alright."

By the time Stuart got the courage to leave his room, Ace was back in the house. Stu kept his head down as he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. He noticed the blanket he had given Murdoc was still on the floor by the front door. He flinched when he felt a cold hand on the back of his neck.

"Morning, Stewie. Have a good night?" 2D pulled away from the man, rubbing his neck. He completely ignored his question.

"H-Have you seen Murdoc? H-he didn't sleep in his room last night and now he's gone from where I last saw him..."

Ace furrowed his eyebrows, obviously annoyed at this comment. "No. I haven't. And you shouldn't care." Ace grabbed the singer's wrist. "You don't need him, Stuart. You have me now."

2D yanked his wrist away from the green man, turning away. "I. Don't. Want. You." Ace was dumbfounded by how the singer spoke to him. He had never heard him talk like that in his life.

Stuart pulled his jacket on and walked out the front door, down the street. He made his way towards the closest bar he knew of, hoping Murdoc didn't get to far. The only unusual thing he spotted was a dented street lamp, which made his heart race. He quickly ran into the bar, hoping what he thought may have happened didn't.

"E-Excuse me." He happed the bartender. "W-Was there a-an accident outside last night?" The one word 2D didn't want to hear was spoken.

"Yeah."

"W-What happened?"

"Guy crashed into the street lamp, drunk as hell. He's a regular here, Niccals I think?" Stuart's stomach dropped.

"I-Is he o-okay??"

"Dunno. They took him to St Johns Hospital down the street. I th-" 2D didn't stop to hear the rest, instead he raced outside. He knew the hospital well, as he had been there often, and he knew it was a couple miles away. He didn't have time to wait for a cab. So he ran.

When Stu finally made it there, he hurried to the front desk. He tried his best to talk between his short breaths. "Murdoc...Niccals..room..." The nurse looked at him with a raise eyebrow, but gave him the number. 220.

2D sprinted down the hall, ignoring the scolding and nasty looks he got from the staff. When he got to the room, he saw the satanist sprawled out in his hospital bed. He looked awful. A stitched up wound stuck out on his forehead and bruises coated his body. The sight made Stuart tear up as he kneeled down beside the bed. He gently stroked the mans cheek. "M-Mudz...I'm here..."

Murdoc's eyes opened slightly, and 2D let out a sigh of relief. "Hey, faceache.." The bassists voice was unbearable strained. "Long time no see." Stuart couldn't do anything but break down in tears, laying his head gently in the crook of Murdoc's chest. The satanist laid a weak arm over him, gently rubbing his back. "It's alright Dents. I'm alright."