(4) "I've got him wrapped around my finger."

When the old car screeched up to the house, Murdoc was eager to get inside. He hopped out, walking through the front door. He was greeted by Russel and Noodle, who took him into their arms. He couldn't pretend to be mad about it, he'd missed them just as much as they'd missed him. After getting caught up on the band and learning how everything was going, the bassist excused himself to his room. He was exhausted and the only thing he wanted to do was pass out in his bed.

The satanist belly flopped into his bed, realizing how much he missed his own mattress. Just as he was drifting off to sleep, his door was swung open.

"Hey, you just got back! What're you going to bed for?" Ace shut the door behind him and sat on the corner of Murdoc's bed, taking the covers away.

"Oi, fuck off. Let me sleep." The bassist tried to pull the covers back, but failed miserably. Had he really gotten this weak while he was away?

"Alright, alright. But I want you to know something, 'Mudz'." Ace leaned in closer to Murdoc. "I can see the way you look at Stuart. And I can tell you, it's not happening. You were gone for a while. Things changed. Don't get your hopes up, old man, cause I've got him wrapped around my finger. Okay? Okay." Ace got up and walked out before Murdoc could even think about what he just said. When he finally processed what had just happened, he got up and stormed out after the new bassist. He bumped into 2D in the hallway.

"O-Oh! Sorry Mudz! I didn't see you." Stuart pushed his blue fringe away from his hollow eyes.

"It's fine." Murdoc was too blinded by his hatred for Ace to care. But he noticed something strange. Stu kind of looked...nice? His hair was almost managed, and he was wearing nicer clothes than usual; just a button down shirt, but still. "Where are you off to, anyways?"

"Me and Ace are gonna go look for cool places to record new videos." The gap in his teeth stuck out when he grinned. "You can come if you want too."

He didn't know why, but this hurt the satanist. The fact that Stu was trying to look nice for the new bassist. "No, I'm alright. See you later, Dents." Murdoc walked back into his room, sitting on his bed. He couldn't decide if it was worth the fight to try to win Stuart, or if he already had lost it.