(7) "Try to relax."

Ace pushed himself up off the floor, dusting off his shirt. 2D rushed over, trying to help him up. "Hey, are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine, Stewie." Stuart quickly released Ace's arm once he was stood up. Ace furrowed his eyebrows at this, knowing he needed to get 2D on his side. "He came at me, Stu. I was just talking about our next interview and he got...jealous."

"That doesn't sound like Mudz..." Stuart looked down, picking at his fingernails. He hated to think that Murdoc might be mad at him.

"It's true, love. Ya saw me on the floor, didn't ya?" Ace placed a hand on 2D's shoulder, which sent a shiver down his spine.

"Y-Yeah. Yeah. Sorry." The singer avoided eye contact with the man in front of him. He couldn't tell, but he was shaking. All the fighting had really scared him more than he knew. Ace saw this, and took advantage of Stu's vulnerability.

"Why don't you come lay down on the couch, Stewie? You need to calm down." Without warning, the new bassist swept Stu off his feet and carried him into the living room. He sat down on the couch, with 2D laying involuntarily in his lap.

"I-I don't know if t-" Ace cut him off.

"It's fine, Stu. Try to relax." The bassist wrapped his strong arms around the smaller man. He wasn't holding him down, but the action still intimated 2D enough to keep him still. He had nothing to do but close his eyes, wishing that Murdoc would come home soon. He should have been more careful what he wished for.