Chapter 6.3 Seducing the Vampire

Beatrice flashed her lights at me from across the street, and I waved, actually glad to see her. I wondered if I was more excited about all of the sex we were going to be having or if it was her I was glad to see. Such a weird thing to wonder, I know, but there it is.

She was driving a white Mercedes hardtop convertible this time, the top-up of course since it was winter. I wondered if I should ask her just how many cars she actually had. I knew she was crazy rich by most standards since she was a vampire (the vast majority in town were wealthy), but this was really going to have to take some getting used to.

I ran across the street in front of the car, ready to jump in, my heart already pounding in anticipation, that little flutter in my stomach that I hadn't felt in a long time, not since Jaime.

"Bob," a voice called out, and I turned to see Agent D'mallo exiting a large black Land Rover that I had somehow missed seeing.

"You got a moment?" Agent D'mallo asked. "It won't take long, I promise."

I was suspicious.

"You here to haul me in again to another trial?"

"Not this time. Honestly, I just came to check in on you. There have been some... 'threats' made. It's likely just anger, but our friends from Montreal have been known to be hasty. I just want to keep the peace. "

"Who the hell are you guys? Harry's got people to keep the peace for him."

"Yeah, that's the local level. The Agency I work for operates at an international level. With this many district leaders coming in from around the world for the summit, it's a little tense."

I tried desperately hard not to look like I didn't know what he was talking about, but he could see right through you.

"You poor bastard: they really just threw you out there without telling you a goddamn thing."

"Kinda, sorta, yeah," I agreed. "I'm learning as I go."

"You might want to get lover girl to explain a few things then," Agent D'mallo said, his eyes looking over my shoulder.

"Is there a problem, Agent?" Beatrice asked in a tone that reminded me for a second just how dangerous she really was. How scary she could be.

I looked around, and Beatrice was halfway out of the car, a somber look on her face.

"Not at all," Agent D'mallo said with a huge smile. "Just catching up with Bob here. He'll be all yours in a minute." Still smiling, he spoke through gritted teeth in a low voice. "If you want to run, I can buy you maybe two, three minutes, but no promises. She's bad news."

I looked at him, surprised and laughed.

"Not at all," I said. "Me and Beatrice are good. Excellent actually."

He gave her a wary look.

"Well if Michél sends anybody after you, I truly feel sorry for them with her in your corner. Definitely a woman you don't want to cross."

"I hear you, man."

Agent D'mallo gave me a plain white business card with his number on it.

"Let me know if you hear or see anything strange. The least we can do is come to pick up the body." He corrected himself. "Pieces of body. You have yourself a good night, Bob."

"Yeah you too," I nodded and watched him walk back to the Landrover. Agent Screenwriter saved briefly from where he had popped out to open the door for Agent D'mallo.

I hurried over to Beatrice's car and slid in. She wore a slinky backless silver shirt and definitely no bra, but she didn't need one with breasts like hers even though the nipples poked at the fabric, instantly driving me crazy.

"We're good?" She asked. "Or do I have to murder somebody?"

"No murder tonight," I said, knowing deep down that she wasn't kidding at all. The sight of those nipples drove all unease out of my mind though.

"Have you ever fucked in the front seat of a Mercedes?" She asked with a lecherous grin.

"No?" I stammered. "Are we about to?"

We were. We did.