Chapter 22: Snow And Sand

Start from the beginning

Ruby: "Please stop, you two already argued about this, remember? For now, let's focus on getting ready to leave." She looked over to Weiss but she had left a moment ago.

Weiss: "Winter!" She called as she ran down the hallway, her sister turned around. "Winter."

Winter: "Make this quick, I have to report to the general."

Weiss: "I... I know I made a mistake-"

Winter: "No, what you did was not a mistake, it was simply wrong... I honestly expected better from you." Weiss lowered her head.

Weiss: "I just... I wanted something father didn't have. I thought, maybe if I had it, I could be free."

Winter: "Buying your freedom." Weiss nodded, but the moment she lifted her head she was met with a smack. "That is complete foolishness, you are only bound by the chains you put yourself in, so do not lie and tell me it was for your freedom." Weiss held her cheek. "Even if it were true, even if you felt pressure from our father, you should have had a stronger character than that." Winter continues down the hall, heading to see the general, leaving alone to think.

(Time Skip as Chibi Salem gets jealous as Chibi (F/N) talks with Chibi Jinx)

(F/N) POV

(F/N): "Hey Jinx."

Jinx: "Yes?"

(F/N): "Remind me again why I'm walking through the desert?"

Using the invisibility cloak, I had made my way to a coastal town, after arriving there I turned the cloak back to normal and went looking for a ship to take me to the kingdom of Vacuo. It was after that that Jinx started suggesting things, starting with asking for a ride to Vale, I discovered that there was, in fact, a ship about to leave later that day for a city off the coast of the kingdom. Jinx then went quiet for a time, I didn't mind the boat ride as I wanted to keep a low profile, wanting to be as forgettable as possible in case the others tried to track me. But at the same time I wanted to get to Vacuo as fast as possible, Jinx finally spoke up again and suggested I walk, from the northern tip of Vale, all the way through the giant desert to the city.

I thought she was joking, I even humored her with a laugh, she was not joking, she was serious to the point she took away my knowledge of how to use my powers till I agreed to do what she said. I was about to call her action childish when I started recalling an old story called The Genie And The Trickster, it did not end well for the guy. So I agreed to do as she said and started traveling Vale, heading south and then west, along the way I encountered a few small towns, some in ruins thanks to the Grimm, others were just living peacefully with a Huntsman or two watching over the place. The desert on the other hand seemed empty compared to Vale, there were apparently nomads that wander the sands but I have yet to see any.

Jinx: "Need I really remind you?"

(F/N): "No... just tired of walking, something you wouldn't understand." I then had sand kicked at me, she then walked beside me.

Jinx: "There, happy?"

(F/N): "Aren't your feet burning in the sand?"

Jinx: "Yes."

(F/N): "Uh... nevermind." We walked for a time until the silence started to get to me. "So, Jinx, if you're a powerful artifact of the gods, why do you wear a blindfold? Do you not have eyes?"

Jinx: "You know the story, therefore you know I do have eyes."

(F/N): "So it's true? That if any man looks into your eyes he'll fall victim to you?"