Minnowtail x Mousewhisker

Note: This was originally published in My Random Warrior Cat Stuff, which is another one of my books. I wrote this a really long time ago, so be warned, it may or may not be cringy.

Mousewhisker silently crept out of the warriors den. Beside him, Hazeltail stirred in her nest. "Mousewhisker?" ,she muttered groggily. "Where are you going?" Mousewhisker thought fast. "I- uh- I have a bellyache. I'm going to go ask Jayfeather for some herbs." Hazeltail murmured something and drifted back to sleep. He flinched. He hated lying, especially to his own sister, but he had to. He had no other choice.
After disguising his scent, Mousewhisker padded along the WindClan border, taking care not to leave any ThunderClan scent behind him. Finally, he reached the tree bridge leading to the Gathering island. He carefully made his way across, and hopped down onto the cool sand. "Minnowtail?", he called out softly. "Are you there?" As he glanced around, a silver tipped tail brushed his cheek. "Of course I'm here, mouse-brain.", came the soft purr. "Minnowtail. I'm glad you're here." She entwined her tail with his. "I told you I would be."
The two warriors lay side by side in the soft sand. Mousewhisker purred as her soft fur brushed his. They gazed at the stars in silence for a while. Then Minnowtail's ears perked up. "Listen!" she hissed urgently. "I hear something...." Mousewhisker leapt to his feet. "Dogs!" he yowled. They were running towards the island. "Minnowtail, you've got to get out of here!" She brushed her tail against his flank. "Do you think I'm going to leave you here? I would rather die by your side. We'll face them together."
The two cats stood firmly, side by side, to meet the dogs. After that, everything was a blur, a horrible whirl of fur, claws, and blood. Mousewhisker leapt up to claw the nose of a dog, while Minnowtail sank her teeth into its neck. With a yelp of pain, the dogs retreated. Mousewhisker breathed heavily. Then he saw Minnowtail.
The gray and white she-cat had a gash on her shoulder that was bleeding heavily. She looked exhausted. "Minnowtail!" Mousewhisker rushed to her side. "Oh, StarClan, no," he breathed "Please don't take her. She's not ready. I need her...."
Suddenly, there was a rustling in the bushes. Mousewhisker looked up, holding his breath. Had the dogs returned? But then a pale gray tom stepped out. "Jayfeather?", Mousewhisker gasped. "What are you doing here?" Jayfeather snorted. "I'm not an idiot, Mousewhisker. You were making so much noise, I'm sure that the whole of StarClan could hear you! I followed your scent around the lake." His eyes softened as he pointed his tail at Minnowtail. "And I heard the dogs." Mousewhisker felt a wave of despair rushing over him. "Can you help her?" Jayfeather was already rummaging around some bushes. "Let's see, I need goldenrod, I know I smelled some at the last Gathering...... yes! Here it is." Mousewhisker stepped back as Jayfeather applied the herb. "Will she live?" Jayfeather sighed. "She will not join StarClan for a while yet. But Mousewhisker, we both know what will come of this." In a quieter voice, Jayfeather added, "I know better than most." Mousewhisker stared at his paws in silence.
Suddenly, Minnowtail opened her eyes. "Mousewhisker? Jayfeather? Where am I?" Then it came back to her. "The dogs...." Jayfeather padded up to her. "I will escort you back to your camp." Minnowtail's amber eyes flashed with anger. "I don't need an escort!" Jayfeather bristled. "I saved your life!" Minnowtail relaxed. "I know. Thanks, Jayfeather. But I can get back to camp just fine." Jayfeather nodded. "Fine.", he meowed coolly. "Come on, Mousewhisker."
Back at camp, Jayfeather turned to Mousewhisker. "Mousewhisker. I will keep your secret. But, sooner or later, you will have to decide where your true loyalties lie. The truth will come out. Do not let lies overtake you. My life was destroyed by lies. Do not let yours be too." Then Jayfeather silently padded away into the medicine den. Mousewhisker shivered. Sometimes it seemed as if the blind medicine cat could see right into his soul. But he could not give up Minnowtail. He knew that now. Ignoring the medicine cat's ominous words, he crept into the warriors den. He knew that the lies were not over. But, as long as he had Minnowtail, nothing else seemed to matter. Mousewhisker closed his eyes, and let the she-cat he loved walk amongst his dreams.