Epilogue part II.*

Start from the beginning

"But can't he get another dad?" Mia shrugs her shoulders, looking at Harry with a pout on her lips. Harry furrows his eyebrows and looks at her quite confused, probably not understanding why she's saying something like that.

"Why would you say that, honey?" Harry sighs. "I'm his father too!"

"Because Dylan likes him more than me and it bothers me!" Mia raises her voice and then crosses her arms over her chest.

"That's not true, Mia!" Harry immediately says with a chuckle. "Dylan loves you, he just sees Andres less and when they're together he wants to play with him..."

"But he never plays with me!" Mia screams again, raising her arms in the air with exasperation.

"It's because you treat him like a doll but you're his big sister, he absolutely loves you..." I join the conversation, stretching my hand toward her and stroking her head. She looks at me and Dylan with a doubtful stare, not knowing if believing me or not.

"I love you, Mia..." Dylan mumbles right after bringing his little hand on Mia's thigh to caress the most accessible part of her. Mia's expression quickly softens and she leans in toward him, wrapping her arms around him and closing him in a hug.

"I love you, Dylan!" She tells him, kissing his head.

The rest of the flight goes by very smoothly, considering that both Mia and Dylan fall asleep. Once we land in New York we're welcomed by Conrad and Sandy who've come to pick us up from the airport.

"Hello!" Mia excitedly exclaims as soon as she sees them and runs toward them to give them a hug.

"Hello princess!" Conrad tells her, picking her up. Sandy hugs her too and kisses her cheek, just to do the same with us right after.

Dylan, that unlike Mia is shyer, doesn't let go of me, keeping his arms tight around my neck.

"How is the little one?" Sandy asks me as soon as we get into the car. She's sat in the backseat with me, Mia and Dylan and Harry's next to Conrad in the front, considering that he's bigger than us. Dylan immediately hides his face in my neck, not wanting to have a conversation right now, probably because he's both shy and still sleepy. He doesn't talk a lot as soon as he wakes up, he needs some time.

"He's fine!" I answer for him. "He's a little tired and still sleepy, right Dylan?" He slowly nods his head at my words and Sandy smile, stretching her hand toward us and caressing his blonde head.

"Grandma, did you get my presents?" Mia immediately interrupts the conversation and Sandy chuckles at her words.

"What presents?!" She furrows her eyebrows. "Santa is the one doing all the work!" She winks at Mia.

"But did you tell him to get my presents?" Mia asks and we all chuckle again.

"Of course, Mia!" Conrad answers for Sandy. "Santa is gonna need one whole sleigh just for all your presents!" Mia's eyes immediately light up sigh excitement and she claps her hands with a big smile on her face.

"I'm so happy!" She says. "I can't wait for Christmas!"

"She's been like that since November 1st..." Harry jokes, making us all laugh.

After a long ride through the New York traffic we finally get to our old apartment. We don't come here often but we have decided to keep it for every time we do, considering that it's in the same building as Harry's parents. During Christmas, my parents stay at Harry's parents' too and this year won't be any different.