“We will just have the usual, Pedro” Troy cut in, watching me with a careful expression “And whatever sea food you have for Rose”

Pedro nodded and headed back to the kitchen, when he was gone I felt myself relax. The anger had disappeared just as fast as it had come, like earlier that day. I leaned back in my chair and took a shaky breath.

Troy was giving Hunter a hard look, Hunter just stared back with a blank look.

“You guys are weird” I muttered

Hunter looked at me and raised an eye brow in amusement

“How are we weird?” He asked

I shrugged

“You just are” I stated

Pedro returned, setting down a glass of water for me and two metal glasses for the guys. Hunter’s expression hardened when Pedro returned and so did my earlier annoyance. Weird.

“I will be right back with your food” Pedro told me, before shooting Hunter a glance and disappearing back into the kitchen.

“Why are your glasses metal?” I asked, picking up my own clear glass

“If we told you we would have to kill you” Troy said, picking up his own glass and taking a sip of his drink.

I looked at Hunter who didn’t meet my eyes but instead took a sip of his own drink, looking anywhere but at me.

Pedro returned with my food and left us be after that. I picked at my sea food absently, not really hungry.

Finally I just gave up all together.

“Can I go take a walk on the beach please?” I asked “I haven’t been out all day and I’m bored”

“You’re a big girl” Troy said “Go for it”

I didn’t wait for Hunter to stop me like I knew that he would. I jumped up before he could even say anything as I was out the door into the night.

The moon was full and shining brightly over the water outside. The tide had gone back out so the sand was nice and squishy for me to sink my toes into. I deeply inhaled the scent of the fresh sea. This was nice, walking along the beach, out here it was like I had no problems at all in the world.

“Rose!”

I sighed and rolled my eyes. The source of all my problems was jogging down the beach towards me.

“I can take care of myself Hunter” I said, feeling distressed “I’m not a child”

Hunter stopped, he was looking at me with a wounded expression

“I know you’re not” He said “I just thought you would like some company”

I studied him, looking for anything suspicious on his face but found only innocence. I turned on my heel and started walking down the beach again, Hunter fell into step beside me.

“Why wouldn’t you tell me what you guys were drinking?” I asked, after a few long moments of silence,

Hunter tensed slightly beside me as we walked.

“I don’t know if you’re ready to know that” He said, his voice grim. I reached out and grabbed his arm, stopping us both. He turned so I was looking him in the eyes.

“You need to tell me” I said “If I’m going to be like you, I need to know what it’s like”

Hunter’s eyes were tortured as they searched mine, I stared straight back into his, willing him to tell me, finally he sighed in defeat.