September, 1991

USALLY LIV would be woken by the sweet smell of Remus' breakfast pancakes; or sometimes, just sometimes, the click-clack of high heels rushing to the front door after one of Remus' lady friends came for drinks the evening before. But today, she woke to the sound of a thunderstorm, and she didn't wake up happy liked she'd imagined after spending her first night at hogwarts.

Liv was sad. The bed she was in wasn't hers, and the sleeping beings surrounding her were merely strangers – when they should be her new friends. She missed the most important night of her life being cooped up in the hospital wing when she should have been getting to know her room mates for the next seven years. Liv felt a million miles behind.

The rain fell harder against the fogged window pane as her thoughts waltzed through her mind. She blindly picked up her sweater from the unpacked trunk abandoned on the floor; for the first years bedroom was eerily cold.

Her footsteps echoed softy as she made for the stairs following the glow lighting up the Gryffindor common room, which should have been at such an early hour. The scrawny head of a young boy, most likely a first year, came clearer as Liv got closer.

"It's very early," Liv whispered, carefully not to startle the unaware boy, who nonetheless quickly turned his head and dropped the wand he was fiddling with between his fingers.

Piercing green eyes met Liv's own through a pair of very thick circle rimmed glasses. He leant forward to pick up his wand, his dark hair uncovering what it was hiding beneath. A deep wound, like someone had carved a knife down his forehead.

"I couldn't sleep," he said quietly.

"Me neither,"

Liv sat beside the boy with a sigh, feeling very awkward. Beside from wanting to offer some comfort to lonely boy spending his first hogwarts morning grieving on the couch, Liv knew exactly who lonely boy was and had no idea how to approach the infamous wizard celeb.

"I've been at Hogwarts 12 hours and I've seemed to cause more trouble than I have in my lifetime," she began to ramble, "this is really, reeaaalllly, was not how it was supposed to go,"

Harry chuckled to himself, "so I've heard,"

Liv raised a brow, "heard? What have you heard?"

"Well- the word went around last night that a mysterious blonde had already put her Gryffindor qualities to show," Harry admitted with a smirk, watching Liv groan into her hands, "and yet she never turned up after the feast,"

"That's it then, that's my title. The girl who without a name who likes to throw hands?"

Harry slowly turned red, but for his luck Liv did not notice in the dim light, and played with the hem of his jumper, "that's not all they were saying,"

"What are they saying!" Liv hushed at the boy. Harry shook his head. "You tell me right now!"

Liv playfully jabbed Harry in the ribs continuously, asking the boy to spill. whatever it was he was so declined to say, "tell me! Tell me! Tell me!"

Harry squirmed, unimpressed at her motions until it got too much and his giggles were too strong to force down. He reddened once more, grabbed at her hands and looked to the ground.

"They didn't just say you're a mysterious blonde," Harry said softly, "they said you were one of the most beautiful girls they'd ever seen,"

Her cheeks flushed brighter than the twins hair and scrunched her nose in embarrassment. Her father had always called her beautiful, and yet hearing it from someone else seemed so surreal.