how to disappear completly. march 1994

ON A FULL MOON, Liv was always the first to wake up. That's if she got any sleep at all. Though, today, the entire Hogwarts castle was woken up by the early murmur of bad news, and the lonely Gryffindor couch she usually found herself curled up on in the early morning now had her and the small group of Gryffindor third years gathered around it, staring soundly into the fireplace, mourning over someone they'd never met, and who's name they were yet to discover.

Liv, today, woke up to a door slamming, the sniffling of a teenage girl, followed by another door slamming (this time the bathroom). Liv and Padma were jumping out their beds almost immediately, running to the door asking for the sad girl to let them in.

With a sniff, and a lot of persuasion from the other girls, Lavender unlocked the door and slowly pushed it open. "Did you hear the news?" she said sadly. They both shook their head."It's just awful,"

"What happened, Lav?" Liv said, putting an arm around her, which she immediately regretted, for Lavender was now sobbing on her shoulder, her wet noise dangerously close to her bare skin.

"Oh, God! I can't!" She wailed, turning to bury her head into Padma's shoulder instead. Padma's only response was to shrug, a confused look on her face.

Liv tutted, turning away from the pair to go find out herself, since Lavender was so clearly useless. That's when she spotted her friends – all staring gloomily into the fireplaces light glow, not muttering a word to each other. Liv hadn't even noticed Hermione's lack of presence when she'd walked through her dormitory.

"Hey..." she said quietly, rubbing the side of Deans arm, noticing his lack of awareness. "What's going on?"

Padma and Lavender had followed her down the stairs and squeezed themselves into the one seater chair as Lavender continued to sniff, letting Padma wipe away her salty tears of her sleeve.

"There was a werewolf attack in Hogsmede," Dean said, he hadn't removed his eyes from the fire.

"Oh no," Liv breathed, her heartbeat suddenly speeding up to the point it was painful. She could hear it ringing in her ears. Oh no, oh no....

She managed to contain her sudden upset, her sudden concern. Padma's eyes widened in alarm. Liv noticed she begin to chew on her lip nervously. Liv managed to contain that urge. "What happened?" Padma said, asking what Liv was thinking, but couldn't find the words to say.

"Someone died. Another was bitten," Dean muttered. Luckily Liv's gasp wasn't audible over Lavender's sudden wail.

"They must have been so scared," she said, her eyes glistening with tears in the light.

Liv didn't hear a word Lavender was saying. She didn't get it. She'd never get it. Sure someone had died, and someone dying is sad, but this... this is more than someone dying. This is another burden every werewolf across the globe is going to have to hold on their shoulders. This is more than someone dying.

Seamus' angry tone made Liv snap out of her oblivion. "They ought to round them all up and keep them locked away from people!" He said spitefully, tapping his leg up and down very fast.

And it was almost as if Liv's heart stopped.

"Seamus!" Padma sounded hurt. "How could you say such a thing?"

"It could be someone we know," he said, looking angry. "Hell, it could have been us! Surely they can find a way to put a trace on dangerous animals,"

As ridiculous as Lavender's extreme upset seemed, Liv's eyes began to glisten in the fireplaces light similar to a way hers did. This is what her Father had warned her about, though he hadn't warned it we be her own friends.