September, 1991

———

AN ELEVEN YEAR old Liv Black watched her rather eager reflection, purely to check she looked presentable in her mirror, for she had long ago blurred out her fathers lectures on how he expects her to behave at Hogwarts, and had gotten rather bored. Usually, she needn't worry how she presented herself, going for comfort rather than style like her father had always told her, meaning she'd spend the majority of her days wearing the same green, frayed, cotton jumper that's sleeves failed to fully cover her wrists. Though, here's the issue –after mingling with the cities children at local parks, she'd comprehended the qualities of each individuals personalities. There were those who's parents would dress them in expensive dresses and shirts, in order for them to look wealthy and chic, who usually ended up rude and judgemental of those that weren't as well of. And the majority of the other children at the parks that were dressed more appropriate, talking comfy shirts and brightly patterned tights, usually ended up acting the way young children should. You know, the ones that worry more about not getting enough dirt on them than the once that worry about getting grass stains on their beloved knees.

Even by eleven, Liv could recognise peoples actions affected the quality of personalities around them, and being the true daughter of parents who slaughter those who are innocent for the pure joy of it, hoped this wouldn't have rub off affect on herself – because often, children turned out just like their parents.

Maybe it was to do with the fact Liv hadn't spent her childhood with her pure-blood relatives, as she didn't think highly of herself like she noticed purebloods seemed to do. She saw herself as an ordinary girl, fuelled by secrets that would need to be hidden under her skin as she tried to make friends at her new school whilst maintaining a fortunate school career for the next seven years of her life.

"Besides,' her father had said, "if someone does find out and rejects you, it's their loss,"

So here Liv stands, starring into those familiar silver eyes, half-empty case sat not far from her feet, waiting for her own reflection to answer back. Is everything going to be okay? In reality, she was very nervous, considering how eager she was for the time to pass so eleven o'clock could come quicker, would she make friends as easy as she did at the parks when she was a kid? Would Remus be okay by himself during the full moons he encounterd monthly? Was she literally going to die waiting for the clock to strike so she could finally leave for the station?

She turned to her trunk, hoping to distract herself from the tedious waiting, she'd packed and unpacked the contents uncountable times, and was considering doing one last check before she heard her name being called up the stairs. She flashed her gaze to the watch on the counter, reading 9:37am, before seizing her trunk and hurdling down the stairs at a concerning speed.

Grabbing her shoes from Remus' grasp and running to the kitchen to retrieve her yet to pack robes, she finally stopped bolting around the house hoping to run into something she had forgotten to pack and had sat at the table to tie her laces, continuing to pick at the piece of toast she had failed to fully eat earlier that morning.

"I'm ready to go," she almost squealed, unable to fully mask her excitement about what she was about to endure.

"Are you sure you've got everything?" Remus asked, as leaving Liv to pack her trunk independently like requested didn't seem like a wise idea now, considering how breathless she seemed to be after chasing round for anything she may have left behind.