October, 1993

TODAY, THE CORRIDORS of Hogwarts was bustling with the sound of fresh-out-of-bed students as it was every morning. But this morning in particular, Liv felt freer than ever – having managed to finally escape the hospital wing, and by escape, she meant being told by madam Promfrey her and Harry could leave. She appreciated the newfound freedom, none the less.

"I'm really sorry about what we heard in Hogsmede, Harry," Liv had said as they meandered their way down to breakfast. "I know we haven't had a chance to talk about it yet,"

"It's not your fault he's the reason my parents are dead," Harry replied, scuffing his feet along the floor of the corridor.

"That's not the point!" Liv huffed, annoyed, before thinking better of it – there was really no point in fighting, so she turned more serious "Just please listen, don't do anything – stupid, because of what you heard yesterday, alright?"

"Stupid?" Harry repeated, stopping in his tracks to turn to face Liv. "Like what?"

"Like trying to go after Black," Liv said, and by Harry's reaction, (tutting and throwing his hands in the air in a huff) Liv knew that had been his plan exactly. "You won't, will you Harry?" Liv spoke, looking into his eyes and holding his shoulder steadily as if she hoped it made the message sink in deep down into his soul. "Sirius isn't worth dying for,"

Unsurprisingly, Harry shook her off. He often did that during arguments. "You don't understand," he tutted, beginning to storm off down the corridor.

"I understand more than you think," Liv tried to reassure him, but was immediately cut off.

"No, no you don't!" Harry's temper had risen and he'd began to start shouting. "Do you know what I hear every time a dementor gets too near me? I can hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort – and if you'd heard your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn't forget it in a hurry. And if you found out someone who was her friend betrayed her and sent Voldemort after her-"

"Do you know what I see?" Liv said quietly. "I see my mother too... for the first time. I feel her touch for the first time. You're not the only one who grew up without a mother, Harry! These are hard times for everyone, not just you, and I don't want to see you get killed by Sirius because you think you can handle him yourself!"

Harry stayed quiet and so did Liv. She'd begun to regret what she'd said. It wasn't her fault, it just sort of... came out! Oh god, Harry! Please say something!

"I'm sorry," Harry said suddenly. "I - I had no idea,"

"I don't tell anyone for a reason. People would look at me differently if they knew – the way they look at you. I don't want their pity,"

"Listen," Harry said, Liv could see the anger glowering in his eyes. "I'm gonna find him, and when I do, I'm going to kill him,"

"That's... that's a bit dramatic, Harry, don't you think?" Liv said quietly. "I know you defeated Voldemort... but– but that was different, Sirius Black would kill you in an instant, Harry! I don't want you dead!"

Harry turned on his feet and began to walk off, Liv had to run to keep up with his strides. "You're right, Harry!" She called after him. " I don't know how you feel. You have this massive spotlight on you all the time, I mean, you're Harry Potter, for Merlin's sake! I'll never understand what that's like, so, I'm sorry!"

Harry stopped. He nodded, awkwardly and Liv linked her arm around his own.

"Let's go for a walk... get some air," She sighed. "Professor Lupin won't mind if we're a bit late,"