Chapter 2

Hey everyone! I want to thank you for reading this. Remember updates come every Friday! I am really excited for you guys to read this, please give me some feedback! What do you want to see? I do take suggestions!

I also want to shout out my new newsies tumblr, @ neverplannedonsomeonelikeyou ! I do take requests there, and will write one shots and similar things. 

I hope you enjoy the writing! Make sure to vote and comment! Its very appreciated <3

Jack was still trying to get used to his schedule. His first class on Wednesday was Gym. He hasn't had this class yet this year, seeing as there was no school Monday.

His last year schedule was a bit more full than this year's schedule. He had to retake his sophomore math class, along with trying to get all of his elective credits out of the way. He only needed three more. He decided to take gym since there's no real way to grade gym. Easy A.

Class started at nine. He had five minutes before class to change in the locker room. After changing into his gym clothes, he came into the gym and while he waited for the gym teacher to get class started, he chatted with a freshman.

After a bit, Mr. Conn blew a whistle. The teacher explained to them that they would just be doing open gym until next week, seeing as everyone was just going to be reorganizing their schedule till then. Mr. Conn grabbed a few basketballs and tossed them to random kids around the room.

The students started forming groups and messing around. Jack went with the freshman he talked to earlier and his friends. The teacher had pulled out some plastic basketball hoops. The group played around one of those, but mainly talked and joked around. After a few minutes, while Jack was not paying attention, he didn't hear another group of kids yells "Watch out!"

A basketball came flying towards his face, hitting him square in the nose. Jack stumbled back, holding his nose in his hand. He lifted his hand from his nose and saw blood.

A new senior this year ran up to him. "Oh my god, are you okay?" He asked, slightly panicked. "Oh my god, you're bleeding! Let's get you down to the offi-"

Jack waved him off. "I'm fine, just a bloody nose. I'll get a tissue and be fine."

"Just a bloody nose? It's not just a bloody nose! You are bleeding!" The boy exclaimed. "I'm taking you to the nurse."

"No, I'm fine, I promise!" Jack exclaimed, but the other man dragged him to the nurse's office. Jack just went with it, seeing as he could use some tissues anyways.

"Why are you freaking out so badly about this, dude?" Jack asked.

"Because you are bleeding, and it was me who threw the ball anyways!" He said as he opened the door to the office. He stood by the counter, still holding Jack's arm, shaking just a bit.

The school secretary turned around from whoever she was talking to. "Tissues and ice packs are over there." The lady pointed to the other side of the office, where a small freezer sat. The other senior let go of Jack's arm, grabbed an ice pack for Jack, and began looking for the tissues, with no luck.

Jack walked over to the cupboards and grabbed a few tissues from an already open box.

"So what's your name?" Jack asked the other boy.

"Oh, uh, David," He said. "But you can call me Davey." He extended his hand to shake with Jack.

Jack checked his hand to make sure it didn't have any blood on it and then shook Davey's hand. "Jack."