4 - Unintended

Começar do início

"All the chefs were delivering food to the rooms," a woman voice appear from nowhere.

Alexa turned to every direction, but she couldn't find the source of the voice. She was sure that the voice was inside the kitchen.

"Can't find me?"

As Alexa tried to reach the gun, a flash of human form was seen just a second before it was completely gone. Then she felt it. The kitchen knife was impaled at her thigh, without even knowing when she was attacked. Alexa groaned and pressed the comms in her ear to inform the other agents.

"One female vampire attacked me. She has the ability of invisibility. I couldn't see her face but she probably taking the chefs to her friends in the suite rooms."

Cursing and groans were heard on the other side of the line, but Alexa chose to shut it. She put her silver knife in the sheath then tried her best not to scream so loud when she walked toward the table. Try to find something that would help her removing the knife. At the very moment, a man just came in the kitchen.

Alexa's eyes widen at the sight of the man, but he didn't seem to care. The man took off his tuxedo then tear both sides of his shirt sleeves. He helped Alexa to sit at the table gently, but even a single touch near the wound would drive her insane.

"Jason, what are you doing here!" Alexa shouted, a combination of shock and pain.

The man completely ignored her and continued to band her thigh at the area before and after the wound. It hurted her so much, but she could only surrender to the situation, somehow knowing that the schoolmate was not going to hurt her.

"This will hurt," said Jason flat while staring at the blood on the wound. He held both of Alexa's hands to intertwine with his. "I need you to find something to bite, then look into my eyes deeply."

The instruction was confusing to Alexa. His presence itself was so confusing, but she tried not to question anything and bit her wrist.

"Look at me."

Alexa stared at Jason's left hand that was still holding her right hand before looking up. Her gaze met his startling gold irises once more, and they still hypnotized her as if it was the first time she looked into his eyes. Jason exhaled, then blinked once before removing the knife from her thigh, bringing Alexa back to reality of the pain she had been bearing.

"Argh!"

She squeezed the man's hand so tight that he even flinched. After a short period of painful cries from Alexa, Jason worked the bandage so that it covered the wound nicely. He tried to let go of her hand.

"You will be okay. The wound is not that deep. I need to wash my hands now," Jason took back the tuxedo before rushing out of the kitchen.

"Wait!"

Alexa tried to stop him but he kept walking away, causing her to stumble because of the pain. Another groan was heard and she hit the floor beneath her. She didn't realize when a hand gripped her arm, trying to help her up.

"Alexa, are you okay?"

"Uh... Not really, but don't worry too much, Gerald." Alexa forced a bitter smile.

"Who treated you?"

Alexa went silent. She swore her beating hard sounded harder than the music outside. It felt like it saved her from her bestfriend's question when the kitchen door flew open again.

"Gerald, we need you. The vampire is upstairs and Master is handling her, but I'm afraid that she's too strong," agent stealth Beatrice stated.

Gerald shifted his gaze to Alexa for a moment before decided to go.

"Please keep her safe."

Beatrice nodded her head.

"Please be safe!" Alexa shouted.

Alexa was sure that Gerald can hunt the vampire down. She was only unsure about one thing. Why wouldn't she tell her bestfriend about Jason? Why did it feel like she had to keep it secret between her and Jason only?

.

.

.

I typed some of the parts with trembling hands 😂 this chapter is so intense...