Comfort in Unexpected Places pt. 2(Y/N)

I didn't want to go...in all honesty, I would have done anything to stay there. It was quiet and quant...
peaceful....perfect.

Yet...I knew I had to, I needed to find this Yugo character and talk to him myself! As the Forest house, or Cafe, left from view, I slightly smiled to myself as I watched it shrink in the distance. I had stayed there longer then planned, instead of just one night, it was 3.

I faced forward once again and smiled at my feet, slightly chuckling at the dirt road paved below me. Even if I stayed longer then expected, I at least got some answers. The smile refused to budge from my face as I called back the new found memories
___________________________________
"Wait, you're serious?! You're Yugo's dad?!"

I couldn't believe what I just heard, this human was the father of an Eliatrope?! It defied the knowledge I knew about Eliatropes...even if that knowledge is limited.

Alibert, who was sitting across me, pushed his hat up in what? Pride? As he spoke, "Not biologically, but yeah, I basically raised him!" He huffed with pride as he finished his sentence.

Oh...thats what he meant...I chuckled a bit at my own oblivion. It didn't take me long to realize Alibert was staring at me, I could tell he had many questions.

I took a small sip of the tea held within my hand, when I set it back in my lap, I stared at my reflection for a while. I got sort of lost within my own head, my own thought. I only expelled the trance with a slight sigh. "You have questions about me, am I right?" I looked up to face Alibert, who seemed shocked by my sudden analysis.

"O-Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't want to seem rude or anything! Its just-"

"Its fine..."

I ended up cutting him off mid sentence. "You answered a lot of my questions-" I took another sip of my tea, -"So its only fair I answer yours" he smiled half-heartedly before picking up a spoon next to his cup, and used it to stir his drink.

"I have 2 main questions...one should be pretty obvious" Alibert smirked as he forwarded his gaze to my tail.

I chuckled as I found the gesture amuzing, only to inhale a quick breath before I started talking.
"I do not remember much, only the basics of what and who I am, but I do know that my tail is due to my sister. My dragon sister, that is"

I took another sip of my drink and when I put the cup down, I realized Alibert wore a shocked face. "Dragon Sister?! You have a dragon as a sibling?! But I thought they were just stories!"

His face only got more confused when I started giggling, "Oh Alibert, there are many things you don't know...things that I don't even know"

He knew that if he pressed on with this question, it would only be harder to wrap his head around the matter, so he proceeded with his next question.
"My final question is this; Who exactly are you? And What do you want with Yugo?"

The fluid movements I once had turned ridgid as I tried to reply, "That is 2 questions, you said you had 1 more."

I tried to beat around the bush, because in truth, I don't even know the full answer to either of those questions. His retort was fast, like he knew I was gonna try to avoid the questions, "Both kinda go hand in hand, don't you think?"

his jolly smile then turned sad, "look, Y/N, I know you don't have any bad intentions, at least I hope not, but with all the questions you asked about Yugo, The tail, and not to mention similar hat, Those just seem to be the most important questions to ask"

I sighed. He was right. I barged in here, looking for shelter and food, ask many questions about this man's son and expect him not to ask what this is about?

Wrong. I knew he would be curious about those things, but a part of me wished I would not have to answer them. I expelled a deep breath, then looked up at him with a sad expression of my own for I at least needed to give him something.

"To be completely honest, I don't know" When the words escaped my lips, I some how felt better. It felt like I came to terms with the fact I was completely lost here...but I knew that already, why did it feel that way? Maybe it was because the words, when said aloud, felt heavier and more tangible, like I could actually change the weight they carried on me.

"I came here looking for answers because something was pulling me to find them. I don't know what I am doing...or even why...but I feel like if I can find this Yugo character, and meet him myself, then I can find out why he reminds me so much of our king."

Alibert didn't talk, he didn't question, he didn't judge. He just, smiled. Smiled like he understood where I was at, when it was clear I only added more questions to his mind.

The silence in the room felt deafening, only shattered when Alibert spoke up. "Stay here for the night, get food, supplies, anything you need to prepare you for your trip"

Now it was my turn to be taken aback, this man just met me today and was allowing me to stay? I mean...this was what I was hoping for, but still! "Are you serious? Wouldn't I just be intruding?"

He shook his head and smiled gently once more, "No, I insist, and if you could help me while you stay, that would be great"

I smiled so wide, I would be able to get supplies and a place to stay before I venture out once more. Even if I was new to it, helping out should not be a problem! I nodded at his proposal with a smile, and he smiled back. 

"And...if you are up for it," I looked up toward Alibert, who seemed to be looking over my body; every inch he saw seemed to fill his eyes with sadness, "maybe we can talk about those injuries you have."

I flinched at the mention of them, I nearly forgotten them since the sudden pain had faded once I met Alibert.

"They're pretty old, so i don't remember how I got them...but...I can still feel the pain from them sometimes..."

"Well," Alibert stood up from his seat, "stress can actually cause physical pain, so maybe that was it?" He began walking toward the back, but I stared at him while he walked away...when I suddenly laughed. He turned to face me, "what is so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just, I am laughing at myself for not realizing it could have just been an emotional thing."

I smiled and spoke in a soft voice, "thanks Alibert...for everything..." Before he continued what he set out to do, he smiled and said,

"don't worry about a thing Y/N, you've actually helped me more than you know!" Alibert left it at that, and those words...made me feel really happy.
____________________________________

Hey guys! HarmonicNova here! Sorry this chapter took so long to make, but thank you everyone who waited so patiently! And I am especially thankful, if I had not said it already, to have 800+ views on this fan fiction! It makes me motivated to keep writing this story! Thank you for the support and everything! It means so much!
Thank you all once more
~HarmonicNova