Six: My husband's ex-lover

Start from the beginning

Gian raised her brow at him then continued walking. "I can definitely smell jealousy." She stated.

Carter scoffed, "I'm not."

"Whatever you say, dear." She smirked

At the reception, of course everyone seems so happy for the bride and groom, but Gian know most people are there for publicity.

Gian and Carter walked inside the reception with smiles holding hands. As if they're walking the red carpet from the bunch of cameras and photographers outside.

"So what did you get for her?" Gian asked, smiling at the camera

Carter took a minute to realize who she was talking about— Maricar. "A crystal. She quite have a crystal obsession." He answered "A gift from Mr. and Mrs. Sebastian."

When they finally walked inside, it was just seconds before Maricar appeared in front of them. "Carter!" She hugged him "You made it!"

"Of course." He answered with a smile. "Also, I'm with my wife."

Maricar's eyes widen as she gasped, "Oh my gosh! Mina Araneta, in flesh! I can't believe it. I love you. I'm such a fan!" She hugged her with so much enthusiasm that surprised Gian. She wasn't really expecting that kind of welcome. She's expecting a bitchy Maricar, looking at her like she's ten folds better, and now she doesn't know what to do.

She smiled, "Thank you." She answered "Although, honestly I am not expecting that kind of words from my husband's ex-lover." She said

Maricar stopped, her eyes widen in shock, blushing. "Carter and I were good friends before that, I hope you understand."

Gian smiled, "Congratulations on your wedding." She changed the subject "You're gorgeous."

"Thank you." Maricar blushed from the compliment before she was called by her husband. She bid them goodbye politely before doing so. Sending flying kisses as she walked back.

Gian took a flute of champagne from the walking waiter, Carted did the same. "Maybe it would feel better if she was mean."

Carter chuckled. "Why?"

"I don't know." She answered sipping her champagne. If she was mean, she could be mean back and not feel bad about it. One thing about nice people, is that, if you try to be mean to them, you're automatically on the losing end. Although, Gian doesn't really have so much experience with nice people, she would prefer to deal with mean ones. Carter was wrong. Maricar didn't mind anyone taking the spotlight. "I'm not good at dealing with nice people."

"Maybe because you're nice even if you hate to admit it." Carter smiled

Gian chuckled dryly as her eyes settled at the man walking out of the reception, "You can tell me that after I choke someone to death." She said handing him the glass "I have to use the toilet." Before walking away, completely aware how murderous her intent is.

***

Gian avoided the punch on her way with her arm, twisting it as she punched him straight in the face. His nose bleed as he looked at her. He stood there not making a move as Gian crossed her arms.

"Bitch." The man muttered pulling a handkerchief out his pocket and wiping his nose.

Gian scoffed, "Why are you here?"

The man looked at her ridiculously, "Mina Araneta," he looked at her with clear irritation "can surely throw a punch. That's news."

"Ian Wilson can be surely taken down by a girl." Gian stated imitating his tone. "Not new."

The man froze, this eyes widen as he looked at her. Gian smirked as the man blabber incoherent words in panic. "Who are you?" He finally said with eyes narrowed

Gian looked at Ian, also known as Luke. Michel's boyfriend or her neighbor's boyfriend. "Really? You don't recognize me?" She crossed her arms

He started thinking, "You look familiar, but I'm sure I haven't met you. Although, I'm a fan. Can you sign my shirt? Why did you stop acting?"

Gian rolled her eyes, stopping herself from smacking the man. "Try harder."

"Did we had sex?" That's it. Gian walked up to him, a vase in her hand as she single handedly smack it on Ian's head. It was too late when he realized she's tackling her on the floor. Gian pulling his tie, "You idiot! How can you not recognize your own sister?!"

He stopped thrashing and looked at her, "W-What?!"

Gian gritted her teeth and pulled his tie harder until he was choking. "You asshole—"

"What are you doing?" Gian immediately let go of his tie and looked up. It was Carter, looking down at them from the doorway of their hotel room. His face unreadable. She looked back at Ian and realized their compromising position can be easily misunderstood.

"Help—" Ian was to say something when Gian punched him making him unconscious. She smiled at Carter.