Jus In Bello- Part 5

Start from the beginning

"Henriksen, now!" Dean yelled but nothing happened. Before you lost hope about this whole plan, static began to fill the room and Sam's voice filled the air. He was reciting the exorcism and all the demons stopped fighting and, as if all in sync, began yelling and tossing their heads back and forth. They ran to the doors to leave but just as Nancy and Phil were instructed, lined the doors and windows outside with salt so they couldn't escape.

Demons all around screamed and tried to cover their ears but it was no use, the tape would keep playing. You looked at them try to escape from your place on the wall since you were still pinned to it. But you knew you wouldn't be for long. Suddenly, black smoke began pouring out of the bodies and started to swirl around the ceiling. Suddenly, there came an explosion of light and the demons were gone and everything was still.

You slid down the wall and winced in pain when you connected with the hard floor. You shakily got to your feet and looked around at the fallen bodies. Victor walked out of the audio room and wiped some blood off his lip. Dean walked over to you to see if you were okay but you just nodded silently. The people who were possessed start to get up and the electricity flickered back on. The door opened and Nancy and Phil walked in with tired looks on their faces.

You sighed and leaned against Dean for support. This was all over and you won.

"We did it." You smiled and looked at Dean who nodded back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, as the survivors were being looked at by Phil and Nancy, you walked over to Victor who sighed, looking at his phone.

"I better call in. Hell of a story I won't be telling." Victor chuckled humorlessly.

"So, what are you gonna tell them?" You asked, meeting Sam and Dean by Victor.

"The least ridiculous lie I can come up within the next five minutes."

"Good luck with that. Not to pressure you or anything, but what are you planning to do about us?" Dean wondered.

"I'm gonna kill you. Sam and Dean Winchester, along with Y/L Y/L/N were in the chopper when it caught on fire. Nothing left. Can't even identify them with dental records," he said and you smiled at him, silently thanking him. "Rest in peace, guys." You reached out and shook Victor's hand, Sam and Dean doing the same after you.

"Now get out of here."

"Yeah..." Sam whispered before you three left the building without looking back.

"I'm ready to sleep for days." You sighed as you slid into the backseat of the Impala.

"I violently agree with you on that," Dean said before starting his beloved up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you got to the motel room you found, you showered immediately. Granted it was with Dean but only because he didn't want to wait. After everyone has showered, you plopped on the bed and sighed, already feeling your muscles tense. Dean got next to you and you curled yourself in him. He pulled you into him and kissed the top of your head just as Sam got in his bed.

Before you could bask in the afterglow of the hunt, there was a knock on the door and Ruby walked in. Immediately you and the brothers were on alert. You sat up and she walked right to the TV.

"Turn on the news." She said without a trace of a warm welcome. Sam sat up and did as she asked. A reporter was talking about the fire that happened at the police station.

"The community is still reeling from the tragedy that happened just a few hours ago. Authorities believe a gas main ruptured, causing the massive explosion that ripped apart the police station and claimed the lives of everyone inside. Among the deceased, at least six police officers and staff, including sheriff Melvin Dodd, deputy Phil Amici, and secretary Nancy Fitzgerald as well as three FBI agents, identified as Steven Groves, Calvin Reidy, and Victor Henriksen." As she was talking, pictures of the discarded popped up.

"What? No..." you muttered, feeling guilty suddenly.

"Three fugitives in custody were also killed. We'll continue to follow the story here at the scene, but for now, back to you, Jim." She finished, letting another reporter take over. Ruby turned off the TV and turned to you, giving you the evil eye.

"Must have happened right after we left," Sam said, tense.

"Poor Nancy..." you trailed off. You felt bad for all of them, of course, but Nancy was only a kid, or at least, she looked like a really young adult.

"Considering the size of the blast," Ruby started to say and tossed you and the brothers a hex bag. "smart money's on Lilith."

"What's in these?" Dean asked.

"Something that'll protect you. Throw Lilith off your trail... for the time being, at least."

"Thanks," Sam said.

"Don't thank me. Lilith killed everyone. She slaughtered your precious little virgin, plus a half a dozen other people. So, after your big speech about humanity and war, turns out your plan, was the one with the body count. Do you know how to run a battle? You strike fast and you don't leave any survivors. So no one can go running to tell the boss. So, next time... we go with my plan." Ruby glared before leaving the motel room to let you simmer in that.

"I killed them all." You got tears, getting up and letting them fall.

"No, you didn't. Lilith did." Sam said and Dean got up to comfort you but you pushed him away.

"I was the genius that came up with the plan. I got them all killed." You cried into your arms and this time, you accepted Dean's hug and whispers of comfort words. This was all your fault.