No money - Virgil x Logan

Start from the beginning

Virgil expected the boy would abandon them after a few weeks, so they were hesitant, but they knew they would feel terrible if they completely shut down his offer, so in the end they nodded their head slowly and sheepishly. "Uh...sure..." they bit into their food, eyes drilling into the white, porcelain table. "Satisfactory" the student replied, quirking his lips into what Virgil thinks is a smile? "I am Logan" with that, he wiped his hand on a napkin Virgil didn't even know the school gave out before holding it over the table.

After a moment, Virgil slowly shook it back, sending him a tiny kink of the lips back. "Virgil"

And that is how their blossoming friendship began.

One month later...

"Am I really your first friend?" Virgil questioned, picking up a Rubix Cube from Logan's set of shelves. The boy looked up from their shared pile of homework they both decided to do over the smarter boys house. He adjusted his glasses, lifting his shoulders up loosely. "Yes. I do not understand how that is so hard to understand. I moved around too much as a child; and I am not that desirable, anyhow" he replied, not even missing a beat at the self-deprivation. Virgil paused for a moment, slowly lifting their eyes to gaze at the boy who shuffled around his room, grabbing pens and pencils for them both.

Hmm, Virgil thought, they had a lot to learn about this boy.

One month later...

"Are you sure this outing is not school-related?" Logan asked for what felt like the millionth time. Virgil even groaned, sending Logan a playful glare. "Yes you moron! Jeez, it's like you think you're only good enough for school" Virgil drawled, watching his expression, hoping they would see some amusement cross his features, but when he looked confused, Virgil drew their eyebrows together.

"I do, yes" Logan said slowly, feeling like he replied correctly, but when Virgil stopped moving and started at him in silence for a moment, he obviously assumed wrong.

"You're not just a nerd, you're a good friend" Virgil stuffed their hands into their jacket as they spoke, watching Logan turn his head to the side to think about what Virgil had said - unbeknownst to the darkly dressed emo, their words made a weird, warm feeling blossom through his chest down to his heart. He rubbed his chest for a moment, sending Virgil a polite smile.

"Thank you"

One month later...

"I'm...non-binary" Virgil managed shakily, staring at Logan who sat opposite them on their bed, soft purple and dark sheets laid out under them. "That means you use they and them pronouns, correct?" Logan pondered, making Virgil feel a flicker of hope light up in their stomach - this must mean Logan isn't going to treat them any differently, right?

"Yeah...is...is that okay?" They questioned, shuffling their sleeves over their hands.

Logan nodded, "of course; why would it not be? If it calms your nerves at all, I am homoromantic"

Virgil felt a brief smile wash across their lipstick-blackened lips. "It does..."

One month later...

"Who d'you want to have your first kiss with?" Virgil mumbled into the night air surrounding the two, both the teens' gaze focused on the starry sky high above. Logan lifted his head to lay his arm under it, propping himself up more comfortably as he watched the stars twinkle and glow. "The person I love. I do not think someone will requite my romantic feelings, though" his voice sounded a little solemn, even if he tried to be indifferent about it.

"Someone will" Virgil reassured him, turning their head to the side, sending him a reassuring look when Logan looked back at them.

"Trust me"

One month later...

"Is this okay?" Virgil whispered, trembling in Logan's arms. The smarter boy clutched them tighter, as a silent sign this was more than alright. "Of course it is" Logan murmured into the darkness, although his room lit up by the lightening from outside, the pound of thunder making Virgil flinch in his arms, shuffling impossibly further against him, face buried into his chest.

Virgil always hated the fact they had feared thunder, but now they couldn't be more grateful they were. Being held by the boy they had been crushing on for so long felt more exhilarating than they ever thought it would - especially as Logan had such a strong, protective grip, like he was trying his hardest to keep Virgil from falling into a panic attack, letting them know they were safe as long as they were with him.

In fact, that was exactly what Logan was thinking, he just wished Virgil knew that.

One month later...

"Virgil?"

Said teen hummed in response.

"Would this be a bad time to tell you how much I...like you?"

Virgil snorted, somehow finding humour even if with one slip they could easily fall to their death. Gripping Logan as he was their lifeline, they grinned at the boy who had one hand on the broken railing, the other tightly wrapped around Virgil's arm, stopping them from slipping any further off the edge of the cliff.

"I like you too, dork"

"That is...reassuring to know. Now, please help me, because if I lose you know I fear I will never be happy again"

Virgil felt their heart clench, using their summoned strength from the burst of adrenaline to haul them self up, falling onto the grass on top of Logan, laughing into his chest while also breathing heavily.

Logan couldn't respond, all he could do was hug Virgil, close his eyes, and smile.

He gasped when he felt a pair of lips press against his for a moment. Snapping open his eyes, he stared at Virgil, perplexed.

The teen smirked.

"Told you someone would requite them"

And their blossomed friendship turned into an everlasting flower of romance.

Fucking cheesy ending but I'm a poet WHAT can I say.

Hann better be awake I swear to god

11:40pm