Forever Is A Very Long Time

I leaned up against Wesley's chest, both of us wrapped in my blanket, staring into the fireplace. "I feel like we're going to need Percy to explain all of this stuff with the dreams," I looked up at him briefly. He nods and I pull out my phone and text Percy. He feels protective of me, so he's always lived somewhat close. He gets here 30 minutes later. He comes in all glitter and glam. Sleek grayish-blue suit, dark eye-liner, and glitter. "Don't get your damn glitter everywhere Percy," I say, teasing him.

"Please, honey, it'd be an improvement," he's says, gesturing around my den. "Glitter brings happiness." He laughs. "I'm just kidding." Then he notices Wesley for the first time " Well look at you Elizabeth! You've gotten yourself quite the catch," he winks at me, "sharing is caring, sweetheart." Wesley's eyes widen.

"He's only joking Wesley,"I whisper in his ear. He slowly nods. I don't think he knows what to think about Percy. He's a little much to handle at first, or well, all the time. "I was thinking you could help me explain the dreams and such." Percy was still watching Wesley, analyzing him as if he was trying to figure him out.

"There's something different about you, but I can't quite put my finger on it," he says pointing his finger a Wesley, "you're not normal." Wesley laughs nervously as Percy moves closer, circling him slowly. He gives me a pleading look.

"Percy, stop stalking him like he's your prey," I snap. Percy looks up, snapping out of his daze. He apologizes and sits on the arm of the loveseat. "Now explain all this because I know there's more to it than what you've told me," I say, raising an eyebrow at him. Percy looks down and sighs as he picks a piece of lint off his pants.

"There is more. As I told you before, you two were made for each other, like star-crossed lovers. A human," he gestures to Wesley, "and a vampire,"he gestures to me. "But you two were really made specifically for each other. Had you been in other relationships, it would've never worked. Something would've went completely and horribly wrong," he says looking directly at me. I felt my throat constricting, I couldn't breathe. Could I have really killed Daniel? Could his death been my fault? Percy stares at the ground for a moment. A look crosses his face as if he just remembered something, the he continues, "You see, you two have been prophesied among the other vampires all through the ages. And as a matter of fact, this all started because of you," he points directly at Wesley. "You're not actually completely human. You sir, are of angel decent." I look at Wesley, then back at Percy.

"What the hell?" I ask Percy. "Whaa, how is that even possible!" Percy looks down.

"You and him both are. I turned you so that copies of you would stop showing up. In all reality, you were never meant to be born. Your mother fell in love with a human and she had you. Same with him. And her punishment was that you two would find each other, but could never be together. One of you would die every time. I turned you, Elizabeth, because it would greatly help the vampire community because of your power, but also because it disrupted the cycle. Your dream is not a dream. It's a memory. You've met Wesley, or well a copy of Wesley, before. You just added to the memory. You added you being a vampire to it, and in the end you kill him. But it wasn't you who killed him."

"Then who did?" I asked timidly. Percy looks down.

"His name is Lance Faraday. Every time a copy of both of you appears, he hunts you down, and kills you. That stray bullet wasn't stray, it was intended. Intended specifically for you." Then he gets an 'ah-ha' look on his face. "That's what's different about him! Wesley is last of his copies because I changed you and disrupted the cycle!" I looked at him horrified.

"So you're saying if he dies, he's not coming back?" Percy nods. I look at Wesley, who's been quiet since Percy said something about Lance Faraday. "What's Lance's last name?"

He doesn't look up as he answers quietly, "Faraday." Percy gasps.

"So you're saying he's here? He's here in Ambrosia?" I nod. "He hasn't shown himself since the 20's, Elizabeth, in that night club you would always go to." I blush, thinking about my flapper days. Percy continues, "This is bad. This is really, really, bad!"

"He hasn't made a move yet. So, it might not be that bad," I pat Percy's shoulder awkwardly. He gives me an incredulous look. He gets up abruptly.

"Not bad! NOT BAD! You are completely insane woman if you think this is not bad! He is lulling you into a false sense of security! He's like a freaking... freaking.. SNAKE!" He practically roars. "He likes to play with his food before he eats it! This is very bad Elizabeth!" He pinches the bridge of his nose and paces, trying to calm down. I can tell he's trying not to get angry because Wesley is present and he could get hurt. So I guess all vampires have a little humanity in them deep, deep, DEEP down. I cross my arms and stare out the windows for a moment. Then I hear Wesley's voice from behind me.

"So in all reality, me and Elizabeth are in danger? And what is Lance exactly?"

Percy watches him for a second before answering. "Lance is a demon of sorts, human but immortal. He can be killed. But he never lets you get close enough to even hurt him before he kills you. And yes you two are in danger. Elizabeth is slightly better off than you because she is harder, but not impossible, to kill."

"But why would a demon want us dead?" I look at Percy.

"Because of your Angel blood my dear. Can't have that walking around on Earth now can we?" He chuckles softly. "Even tainted, it's still pure. Demons hate all things even remotely pure." Wesley sits down, trying to take this all in.

"So.. our best bet at keeping me safe is to change me?" Mine and Percy's eyes widen at this. We were shocked by his question.

"I am not changing you, Wesley. And Percy won't without my permission. I am not going to bring you into a life like this. Immortality is not meant to be taken lightly. It's miserable watching everything and everything you know die and fade away. You have no idea what I've seen, how many wars I've lived through. No," I said getting angry. Wesley's eyes fill with hurt, and I feel myself being weighed down by the guilt. I know what he's thinking.

"So you don't want me around forever. You don't want to be together forever? Lizzie, I love you, and I offer myself to you forever. And all you can tell me is no?" He stalks towards me. "Do you not love me, Elizabeth?" He's right in front of my face now. I look up into his beautiful brown eyes, filled to the brim with hurt and love, betrayal and need, vulnerability. He needs me as much as I need him. I put a hand on his face.

"I don't want you to have to live the life of a monster, Wesley. Forever with you would be amazing, but not at the cost of possibly your humanity." He looks down, then kisses my forehead.

"I'm willing to take that chance to be with you forever. Please Lizzie," he says softly against my skin before planting another kiss on my forehead. I look up at him and put a hand to his face.

"I'll think about it. It's a big descision. Are you okay with waiting?" I stare up at him, searching his eyes. He nods. "Good," I turn to Percy, "Would you mind, uh, staying here for tonight? You can take the guest bedroom, Wesley can have mine, and I'll sleep down here." Percy nods and heads up towards the guest bedroom. "There should be some of your clothes already in there considering you never take anything with you. Ever." I hear him laugh as he rounds the corner, then I turn to Wesley. "I may have a pair of sweats that'll fit you."

"Darlin' I'm not letting you sleep down here all by yourself. You're sleeping with me, I promise to behave," he says sweeping me up in his arms. I yelp slightly and wrap my arms around his neck. And then we're off towards my room.