Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Baby?

"H-Haymitch?" I look up at the older man, I hadn't seen him in forever, "I'm sorry I-I called you Peeta." I sigh as I'm pulled to my feet.

"What's bothering you sweetheart?" He asks, whipping tears off my cheeks.

"So much, there's so much that's bothering me." I walk into his opened arms.

"Well just tell me one problem at a time." He insists and I begin, telling him about my dream and how I couldn't give Peeta the family he wanted. Most of my words he probably couldn't understand because I was crying.

"You could adopt?" He suggests, we could. I don't know if it'd be the same but we would have a baby. I was going to answer Haymitch, tell him it was a good idea, that I could talk to Peeta about it when I'm interrupted and thrown forwards into the moire that shatters at my impact.

"Katniss? Katniss!" I could hear my name being called out by Haymitch but everything was so blurry, the only way I knew Peeta was here was from his hair color, the bright blond that stood out in District 12. All the voices sounded so distant but I stood up and looked at my arms that had been impaired with shards of glass from the shattered moire.

"Katniss are you okay?" Peeta's voice echoed as I was picked up and brought to the bed everyone seemed to crowd me and all the echoing voices made my head hurt ever more. Why was there echoing? Peeta reached towards my face and there was a searing pain until I saw what he'd done, pulled a shard from my head. We both pluck glass from my flesh when the tv, not just the one in this room, the tv in every room buzzes to life. An unfamiliar man with light brown hair, a stubble on his chin. That's when I see it, in the background with a slit throat was Paylor, a past victor who was president. Her dark hair was matted and drenched in her own blood.

"I am Dendrite. The Nephew of the former president, Snow." The man talks a serious tone in his voice. "And as president I declare that all former victors will be executed, and whoever kills Katniss Everdeen, they're whole family will be free from the hunger games to come."

_______________________

Please tell me what you thought!!!!

~Avalon Parker