Chapter 22

Peeta's POV

After watching Katniss beat to a pulp in front of me I had begun to mouth off to Dendrite, earning myself and Johanna into something terrible. I begged they let Johanna be, she was pregnant and the child was all she had left of Gale. So they spared her, but as for me? I was not spared one bit. I was thrown around, beaten to a pulp and left on the ground of Johanna and I's new cell. Our new home. They told us we'd never be leaving. That Katniss would die and then so would we. And that was that, they didn't give room for argument. I just wanted Katniss to be okay, the thought of her limp, cold, lifeless body being dragged out and thrown into the river with the rest of the bodies they'd seen drug out was unbearable.
"Johanna?" I lift my head, looking up at her.
"What is it, Peeta?" She looks at me impatiently, her face stained with tears. She wasn't doing her best, she'd gotten sick from the food they'd given us. They hadn't given us much food but I didn't eat any, Id given it to Johanna so she could keep the baby healthy.
"Do you think we'll ever get out of here?" I ask.
"Peeta we went over this..."
"Do you think we will get out of here or not?" I ask again.
"No I don't Peeta.." She says. "For the rest of our lives we are going to be trapped, so stop thinking you'll see Katniss again."

________________________

So sorry for not updating. I recently had finals but now schools out and I'll be on more!

~Avalon