I sat rigid, scared to move. I could feel his anger. Not knowing what would happen if I left, I stayed seated and stared ahead of me.

I heard him walking back towards me. He barely looked at me, and when he did, his eyes were darker than normal. I shrunk away and he stopped.

He laughed darkly. "What, are you going to cry now? You look pathetic." I could only see the side of his face. His lip was in a straight line and his eyes were turned away from me.

I felt a lump in my throat but I choked it down. Refusing to let him get to me, I squeezed my eyes shut to block him out.

The silence was almost unbearable. Finally, I heard him walk away and slam his door shut, making me cringe slightly.

I brought my legs up painfully and rested my head on my knees. A tear escaped my eye. I just wanted to go home. To get away from Jake. He had been so gentle and nice before, then he all of the sudden snaps and calls me pathetic and a waste of time. I couldn't understand it, but I didn't really want to.

I don't know how long I stayed like that until I heard a door open. I held my breath, hoping Jake would leave me alone.

"Lila are you okay?"

My head shot up as I heard Brady's voice. He smiled down at me and took off his jacket, laying it on my shoulders.

"You looked cold," he shrugged and sat down next to me. "So, are you okay?"

I avoided his concerned eyes and looked right at Jake's door. Brady looked too and his jaw tightened.

"Whatever he did or said, I'll make sure he pays for it later, I promise." His voice was cold, but he sounded tired. "Did he at least give you an explanation," he looked back at me.

I shook my head and he ran a hand over his face, sighing. He got up and got two cups of water, setting one in front of me.

"I guess that means I'll be giving it," he looked a little nervous.

I crossed my legs and sipped my water slowly. I was anxious for an explanation. I felt myself calming down now that Brady was here.

"I don't even know where to start," he admitted.

"The beginning?" I suggested quietly.

He chuckled and nodded. "Well I guess I'll start from the basics. My name is Brady Daniels and I have a sister. Her name is Alynn. You've actually already met her," he clasped his hands in front of him.

I shook my head a little. "I don't think I've ever met a girl named Alynn.. Does she go to school with us?"

"No, she doesn't. You actually met her.." He paused. "You met her in a dream." He looked down at his hands. I said nothing.

An image of the beautiful girl in the clearing flashed in my head.

"I know that probably doesn't make any sense.. Her meeting you in your dreams. Talking to you... But uh," he coughed. "We're not exactly normal."

"W-what do you mean?" My voice was so quiet, I could see him lean forward slightly to hear me.

"We.. We're not human Lila." I froze. He looked at me through his lowered eyelashes. "I feel like this is one of those cheesy stories where I tell you I'm a vampire," he chuckled a little. "But I can promise you, that's not it. Actually, if you think about it, I'm the opposite."

He sat up straight and ran his hands over his knees. "I'm an angel." He spoke softly.

Silence fell between us. I felt something bubbling up in my throat, and I couldn't keep it in. I burst out laughing.