SIX: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

I looked at my phone which has mr Lee's address in it. I turned back at the gigantic gate that already looks more expensive than my apartment. I took deep breaths and reached for the door bell but before I could, the gates have already opened.

I cleared my throat and started heading inside, admiring the view. They had his big yard which looked like a private park. "Mr Shin." Someone said. I stopped my steps and saw a butler waiting for me. "Mr Lee is waiting at his living room."

The man started leading me inside the mansion and took me to their living room. "You're here." Mr Lee stands up and approaches me. I quickly bowed but he laughed, "you don't need to be so polite." He smiled brightly as he patted my back. "Come sit." He said.

I sat down on an empty couch while he sat at another one. "Unfortunately I forgot that I have an important business meeting to attend today and will be busy. Can I count on leaving you here?" He asked. I nodded, "I won't cause any trouble, sir."

"Before I go, of course I need to introduce you to my granddaughter." He cleared his throat, "Jiyeon, please." He said to one of the maids. They nodded and walked somewhere.

I started to look around the place, noticing how beautiful the interior design is. "Yes?" Someone walked towards us. My head lifts up to look at the person.

"Wait." I looked at her. She did the same, her eyes widened. "You're that guy who went to buy milk!" She pointed at me. Mr Lee cleared his throat, "I assume you've met her at that convenience store?" I slowly nodded.

"Jiyeon, please sit." He says. She nodded and walked beside him. "This is Shin Wonho, one of the best workers I have." I turned to him and to her, standing up the shake her hand. "Lee Jiyeon." She said.

We both let go of each other's hands. "He will be staying here for the entire day for business reasons." He said and stood up. "Sir, it's time for your meeting." Someone said. He nodded and walked towards the door, "I'll be back soon." Jiyeon waved goodbye as he left.

She sighed and sat down, "you're here because he asked you to convince me, didn't he?" Already, her expression changed into a serious one. I was taken aback, "what?" Jiyeon scoffed, "don't play dumb. He has tried so many times already. When will he wake up and realize that his company is not meant for me?"

"Don't you work at a convenience store?" I asked. She folded her arms and nodded, "yup and I'd prefer things to stay that way."

"I don't want to seem rude, but.." I looked around, "you have a grandpa who owns a successful business yet you work at a convenience store?" Jiyeon doesn't respond but stands up, "it's stupid. I don't want to hear that over and over. I know it is, but I love that job." She shoved her hands inside her baggy looking hoodie's pockets before walking away slowly.

My initial reaction was to stand up and run after her. "Can't you at least give it a shot? You'll never know if you'll like it there." I said, making her stop walking. "Again, I get weird vibes from that place so no thanks." She resumed to walk, her head up high as her eyes were closed, humming.

"Is there anything I can do to convince you to?" I blocked her way. "To be honest, I thought you were a cool dude. I was wrong." She said the last part close to my face and again, walked right past me. "If I feel bad vibes about something, then I'll be glad to avoid it. You and that company have almost the same bad vibes."

I grabbed her wrist, stopping her. "Can't you just hear me out?" She chuckled, licking the inner part of her cheek and pulled her wrist off from my grip. "No."

She walked up the steps, I assume she was walking towards her room. "If I'll give you all of my savings. Will you leave me alone?" She finally turned back, facing me but her eyes were blank. "I'm not doing this for money. Your granddad just genuinely wants you to work with him. What's so hard to understand?"

"Oh so you're just gonna pull those personal questions on me now, huh? You don't even know a single thing about me yet you're already trying to make me feel bad. Not working." She shuts the door in front of me and locks it. I knock, "I didn't mean it in an offensive way."

"Either way, I'm not joining his company." She responded back. "I'd give up if I were you, Mr Shin." One of the maids said. I turned around and saw her down the stairs looking up at me. I shook my head, "it's too early for that."

"Believe me, I've raised her for all her life and I know how she can be. She's impossible to convince especially if it's about these kinds of things." I looked away, not responding. "Its not bad to try, right?"

She smiled before walking away. I leaned against her door and slid down, now sitting on the ground with my legs crossed. "You're not leaving?" I heard her say. "Nope. I'm not leaving until I finish my task." I responded back.

"Well good luck." After those words, it was silent.

I took a deep breath. When I'm determined about something, I'm putting everything I got. Even if it means to literally sit on this floor outside of a girl's room.
-

"It's lunch time, mr Shin." The same maid from earlier said. I checked my watch and glanced slightly at her closed door, "oh, I'm not eating." I made sure she heard me through her room. The maid's eyes widened, "mr Shin--" I shook my head, "I'll be fine. I'm used to not eating anyway."

"Miss Jiyeon, lunch is served." The door opens but I don't stumble back. I feel her looking down at me. "Why is he still here?" The maid shrugged. I stood up and gave her way to pass, and she does. She goes to the dinning room with the maid.

I'm still determined to win this. I know I can.

-