Chapter 21: Actions Speak

Start from the beginning

Neon: "Besides, with you here we have more people to party with!" She quickly covered her mouth.

Flynt: "Neon!"

Ivory: "So that's when I'm getting my present?"

Neon: "How?!"

Ivory: "Him."

Flynt: "Dude!"

(F/N): "Sorry!"

Kale: "Stop!" We all looked over to him. "Before you continue with your one-word conversation, can you explain why he looks like a Grimm?" Flynt looks over to me.

Flynt: "You want to explain?"

(F/N): "Well, okay, so I started working for this powerful old- I mean, lovely woman, who most people would mistake for a generic villain that wants to destroy the world, but in reality she's just a lonely lady who can actually be very nice, like how she gave me some of her magic which brought me back from bleeding out to near death after I was stabbed through the torso. As a result of her magic I now look like a pale Grimm or as one person put it, an edgelord."

Neon: "Wait, magic's real?" I take out the relic of knowledge, Jinx appears from the smoke leaving it.

Jinx: "Correct."

(F/N): "This is Jinx, she's a genie in a lamp."

Ivory: "Huh, cool, so about that console, can I have it now?" Jinx and I look at each other.

(F/N): "You're not even going to question her? Or my story?"

Ivory: "Uh, why would I care? Me and Kale just got back from dealing with some jerks, all I care about is relaxing with a game." She looks over to her leader. "So, where is it?"

Flynt: "Well we were going to set up a game night." He goes over to one of the dressers and digs out the console. "But I guess we can start the night early."

Neon: "You hanging around?" I look back to Jinx and to them.

(F/N): "I mean... I guess I could hang around for a bit."

The rest of the day felt disconnected with reality, nothing to do with magic, nothing to do with Ozpin or Salem, it was as though I was a part of a team back at Beacon, spending time with others and having fun. I don't even remember how Neon did it but she got me to challenge her to a dance game, a game that I had no chance of winning, but it was still fun. Even as it drew to an end I wanted to spend more time with them. We were all seated in some way, I was seated on the floor against the bed while Kale and Ivory were as well while they were playing a game, Neon plopped onto the bed I was against and Flynt was leaning back in a chair watching the game.

Neon: "So, what brought you back?"

(F/N): "I was looking for something I forgot... sigh, that's not true." I look over to her. "I'm aiming to take a relic that should be under the school."

Ivory: "Why would a relic under the- damn it!"

Kale: "Best out of five?"

Ivory: "Oh you are on!"

(F/N): "Well, if you want that answer, you might have to take a leap of faith."

Flynt: "Is it that hard to believe?"

(F/N): "Would you believe me if I told you Ozpin, the man who was in charge of Beacon, is actually a bad guy?"

Kale: "No, no I don't think anyone would."

Flynt: "I'm going to have to agree with Kale on that."

(F/N): "What if I said he was in a morally gray area?" Flynt seemed to stop for a moment to think.