Chapter 14

I looked at the bouquet of flowers in a water vase on the nightstand next to my bed. That was a fun night... Amber wanted to dance all night. We went outside and stared at the lake as the sun went down and may or may not have made out on the dock. There was a knock at my door and I looked up. "Come in."

The door slowly opened and Amber walked in, closing the door behind her. "I hope you don't mind me stopping by unannounced."

"Of course not." I smiled, sitting up in my bed. "You're welcome here any day, any time." She just smiled slightly at me, crawling into bed with me. "Is something wrong?" I frowned.

She shook her head, having me lay down with her as she held me close. "I just missed you."

"I just saw you a couple of days ago." I giggled, gently running my fingers through her hair.

"I know... I still missed you." She murmured, pulling me closer. I smiled and curled into her, laying my head on her arm.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. When did I even fall asleep? I looked over, smiling softly when I saw Amber asleep, blankets covering both of us. I can honestly see myself marrying Amber... Even though it hasn't been long since we started dating, I have liked her for a long time. I could get used to seeing her like this. I gently ran my fingers through her hair, trying not to wake her up.

My door opened and I looked over, seeing Dani walk in. "Oh, sorry." She whispered. "I didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready." She smiled.

"Thank you, mum." I whispered back. She nodded and walked out, silently closing the door behind herself. I went back to running my fingers through Ambers hair, smiling as she slowly opened her eyes. "Hey, sleepy-head." I murmured.

She sleepily smiled, curling more into me. "I could get used to waking up like this." She let out a hum, relaxing more.

I giggled. "Mum said dinner is ready, if you wanted any."

"Maybe later." She leaned her head against my shoulder, eyes closing as she fell asleep again. She must have been really tired... I shook my head ad slowly got up, making sure her head went on a pillow. The doorbell rang and I tilted my head, going to the stairs. I don't remember the mums mentioning anything about anyone else coming over...

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I heard Sam ask.

"It's been 10 years, Samantha. You've been ignoring our calls, e-mails—"

"I blocked you, that's why!"

Dani walked over to Sam, pulling her close and away from the older couple standing at the door. "She told you as soon as we moved in here that she wants nothing to do with you. I've seen her so much happier now, in the past 10 years, than I have ever before. Leave, before I call the cops."

Cops? "Moms, who are they?" I went down the rest of the stairs, going over.

"Avery, go back to your room." Dani sighed.

I shook my head. "Who are they?"

Sam sighed, shaking slightly as she stayed close to Dani. "Avery, these are my parents."

A/N: It might be short, but I like how it ends this chapter. I don't remember if Sams parents had names or not in the prequel.