Still your best friend

A/N: Hi guys~ I rewrite the first chapters of this story and changed Irene's character to Kai to make it more suitable. Hope you still like it.
------------------------

JISOO's POV

As I was lying to my right side of the bed and gently tapping the side around me like searching for something, more likely searching for someone. I furrowed my brows in confusion when I noticed that there's no one besides me aside from the stuffed toys and pillows that laid around my bed.

As I slowly opened my eyes, the sudden realization hits me. It answers all the questions in my mind.

Maybe that's why I can now feel the emptiness and coldness around our shared room 'cause the warmth that makes me feel secured and comfortable are no longer on my side.

She's gone.

My favorite sight every time i woke up,
even though i had lack of sleep due to our dance practice. But everytime i saw her sleeping figure besides me while clinging on my side, it always flutters my heart.

Why am i still waiting for her?

Why do I always make myself believe that we are still happy together, that she still loves me no matter what happens.

Why did I agreed that we can still be friends.

That I am still her bestfriend.

Why did I assumed that she would not leave my side in any circumstances?

Why is it that I didn't fight for her love until the end?

And

Why am I such a coward, for giving someone a chance to steal her.

----------

It's been a month since we parted on our own ways and I still missed her that much.

I often watched her from a far after our dance practice to know if she can safely arrive in their home since I can no longer walked with her like the usual.

She seems fine and happy already.

I heard some of our mutual friends saying that Kai really loves her and gives her a lot of affection.

Lisa and Chaeyoung gives me a sympathetic look while listening to the conversation of our friends.
The two maknaes were the only people who knew my real feelings towards Jennie and that we have a special closeness.

-----------
Months have passed, since Jennie and Kai had been together. They seemed a perfect couple as what the people says.

One of my friend from SM Entertainment sent me a pictures of them together.
It's like tearing my heart into pieces during the time I saw the pictures of them smiling and laughing together.

I guess it's too late for me,
I can see that Kai can make her laugh a lot.
By the way they look into each others eyes, you can see that they really loved each other.

I guess I just need to moved on,
eventhough that's a difficult thing to do.

But what else can I do,
she already found the one for her.

I am happy for her 'cause she already found her happiness,
even if that happiness doesn't includes me.

---------
Seulgi, Lisa, Jennie and I went to our favorite coffee shop. They kept on talking about their owns lives,while I was staring outside the window of the cafe.

Lisa on my side, while Jennie and Seulgi in front of us.

Jennie excused herself and told us that she will just answer her phone call.

Hey chu eonnie, try to dig some of your food first. Lisa said

Are you sick chu? You want me to get you something? Seulgi said with a worried look.

Aniyo. I am fine. Don't mind me. Just thinking about some stuffs.
It's not that important so continue what you're doing.
I nonchalantly said while they slowly nodded their head yet Lisa comfortingly tapped my back.

Seems like minutes have passed, when I felt someone gently tapped and snaked her arms around my shoulder.

When I look into my side I didn't noticed that Lisa already shifted her seat and the person besides me is now the one who hurts me the most ....

Jendeuk~ Oh I mean Jennie. I said

Yah Jichu eonnie,Any problem? You can share it with us or even with me if there is some things bothering you. She said worriedly.

Ah nothing, sorry I just really admire the sceneries outside of this cafe. I lied and forced my smile.

As I look behind her, I saw this tall and well built guy behind my Jendeuk. He reached out his hands to me for a handshake and confidently smiled at me.

Nice to meet you. You're Jisoo right? I'm Kai, Jennie's boyfriend.

I smiled back to him and he asked me if he can join us.
Lisa looked at me and it seems that she wants me to decline Kai's request however as I glanced at Jennie she seemed excited being with her boyfriend so .....

Yeah! Sure, no problem. I said with a smile.

But Lisa can see that It's a fake one.

After an hour, we bid our goodbyes to each other.

Jennie and Kai needs to go somewhere else.

Before they leave the place, Jennie turns her back and walked towards me, she hugged me tightly before she leave.

Chu eonnie~ I might arrived late at night already. So, don't wait for me. She said and pulled back.

I just nodded and waved my hand towards them.

Okay! See you later. Be safe.
Yah! Kai-ssi better take care of that Jendeuk okay? I said while trying to give him a stern look.

Of course, I will. Kai said while holding Jennie's hand on his other hand and waving his free hand towards us.

Jennie just beamed her gummy smile on me and waved her free hand to us.

Lisa and Seulgi were waving towards them and Lisa being loud again yet I know that she's hurt too.

As I stared on their disappearing figure, something comes to my mind ....

I thought we can be more than bestfriends,

I thought I'm the only one whom she likes the most,

I thought I always made her laugh?

I thought she felt the same way for me.

And in the end,

It seems like I'm the only one who dreamt that we can be together and not just as bestfriend.

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Ppyooong~ 😊💜