15

It's the day of auditions. I'm sat in the gym waiting with Ruel. He hasn't let go of my hand once and it's been just over half an hour. We patiently wait our turns. Ruel's up first. His name is called, he lets go of my hand, kisses my cheek and gives me a dorky smile.

Ruel stands centre stage and recites his small script we all got for auditions. He does it perfectly. He's the image of Troy, cool calm and collected. Ruel starts to sing Bet on it and his singer really unleashes, you can tell he's a performer. Ruel is moving around on the stage like a natural, I mean he is.

Now it was my turn. I let go of Ruel's hand and start to head up on stage when Ruel pulls me back and gently kisses my lips. I smile into the kiss and he whispers "just relax, you're a natural Gabriella."
I walk to the centre of stage and take a breath. I start reciting the script and I don't mess up which is a positive. Now it was time to sing Walk away. I get through it by looking at Ruel the whole time. I was a lot like Gabriella I overthink things much like her. I go back down to Ruel and he stands up and picks me up into a hug again whispering
"You did amazing"
Ruel was the sweetest human around.

It was now Mary's turn she got through the audition and didn't mess up. I've got to be honest she was really good but I didn't think she was a Gabriella kinda girl. That might just be me being bias and knowing her too well to know she shouldn't be playing a the schools nerdy girly girl. Sharpay suits her more.