20 ~ The Truth

CHAPTER TWENTY

ALL THAT she wanted that moment was hug her husband and tell him that she's very sorry to what she told him. Alam niya ang sitwasyon ng asawa at sa pang-iiwan ng ina nito nung bata pa ito. Her friends told her that and Brooke confirmed it to her.

The wound his mother left him is still on Brooke's heart, silently hurting him. It was rude of her for telling him that he didn't understand her situation when in fact he understand her and her feelings.

That emotional day had pass and they act normal again like they didn't talk about his mother and his feelings. Sa isang banda ay may kasiyahan sa puso niya dahil sa ipinaalam sa kanya ng asawa ang nararamdaman nito.

Every time she looks at him, he seems like a man who doesn't have a problem and just living his life, but deep inside, he's a broken man. How she wish she could fix him, but only his mother could do it. Right?

She's watching her husband sitting on his swivel chair, talking to his grandfather on the phone. His black suite is perfectly fit on him, that gives off an aura of power and authority.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his knotted forehead tells her that he was having a serious conversation with his abuelo. Then his dark intense eyes darted on her, making her heart jump.

Wala sa sarili na napakain ulit siya ng ice cream, pillit inignora ang kalabog ng dibdib niya dahil sa titig na 'yon ng asawa.

"She will be with me, Papa. I can't just go there without her." Brooke said in a cold tone. "Let's talk about all of these when we get there. Yes, we will." Then he sighed. "Bye,"

Brooke massage his temple after the line was cut off. She's hesitant to ask him what he and Don Armando talked about. Bakit pakiramdam niya ay kasali dapat siya sa usapan ng mag-lolo?

"Papa wants to talk to us." He break the silence.

Napilitan siyang lunukin ang malamig na pagkain na 'yon para mawala ang bara sa lalamunan niya kahit papano. Kinakabahan siya, kung sa titig ba nito o sa tila hindi magandang balita na matatanggap niya? Ay hindi siya sigurado. Sa paraan ng paglapat ng mga titig ng asawa sa kanya ay nagsasabing nasa hindi sila magandang kalagayan.

"T-Tungkol saan daw?" Kabado na tanong niya.

Brooke rested his back on the swivel chair tiredly, he close his eyes for a moment and when he opened it, she saw how worried he is for something she could not name yet.

"About us."

"Oh, okay. Did you tell him about the b-baby?"

"Not yet."

Her lips protruded. Why is she feeling nervous? Mukha namang walang masamang magaganap?

"Bakit mukha kang problemado d'yan? Kakausapin lang naman tayo ni Don Armando, di ba?"

Naglabas ito ng hangin sa bibig, tila problemado talaga. Ang cute pala ng asawa niya kapag ganitong sitwasyon. Mas lalong gumagandang lalaki.

"I know him. Hindi niya tayo ipapatawag basta-basta kung hindi naman importante."

"Do you think we are in trouble?"

He nodded his head a bit. "Yes, I guess."

Dala-dala ang ice cream ay nilapitan niya ang asawa at naupo sa katapat ng upuan nito. She tilted her head forward, giving him her full attention.

"Nalaman na kaya ni Don Armando na nagpapanggap lang tayo?"

Umangat ang dalawang kilay nito, ang mga mata ay amuse na ngayon na nakatingin sa labi niya. She took another scoop of ice cream and brought it to her mouth while attentively waiting for his answer.