13 ~ Misunderstanding

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

AT THE young age, Brooke already know how to treat a woman right, because he saw it everyday to his father. The unico hijo of the multi-billionaire-Armando Montero, Briggs Montero.

Women should be treated like a Queen. As a man you need to support and give whatever your woman wanted. Make her the only one in your heart and life. And most of all, you need to make her smile...make her happy.

But, as time goes by, it's slowly changing. Na ang babaeng dapat na pinapasaya mo ay tila bakit hindi na masaya sa piling mo? Bakit biglang may nagbago? Ano ba ang nangyari?

"WHAT? ANOTHER party tonight? Hindi na ba matatapos 'yan?"

Little Brooke looked up on the grand double staircase of their mansion. There, he saw his father following his mother, who looks like going to a party. She's wearing a black elegant long gown, enough to cover her shoes. Silver clutch on her right hand.

"I told you to come with me." His mommy said, walking down the stairs. "What are you thinking?" Her beautiful face is a bit annoyed now.

They don't even notice that he was there, watching them.

"I cannot come with you because I need to wake up early for a fucking important meeting."

"Then let me go. Bakit ba ayaw mo akong paalisin?"

Huminto ang dalawa sa huling baitang ng mahabang hagdan na 'yon at do'n lang siya napansin ng mga ito. Pagkabahala ang unang rumihistro sa mukha ng mommy niya, pero nanatiling matigas ang emosyon sa mukha ng ama.

"Are you going to party again, mom?" Little Brooke asked, looking up on his parents.

His beautiful mother squatted in front of him and caressed his hair. Ngumiti ito sa kanya pero hindi naman 'yon umabot sa mga mata nito.

"Yes, son. I'll be back later tonight."

"Make it sure." His father interrupted in a cold tone.

"Basta anak, babalik ako." Parang isang pangako iyon na pinanghawakan ng batang Brooke. "Matulog ka nang maaga. Don't wait for me. Okay?"

Brooke nodded his head. "Okay mommy." He kissed her cheek.

Ilang sandali muna siyang pinagmasdan ng ina, may kislap ng kung ano sa mga mata nito. Tapos ay malalim na bumuntong hininga bago tuluyang tumayo ng tuwid, hinarap ang kanyang ama.

"Go to your room, Brooke." His father ordered.

He stare at his parents for a moment before he walked towards the grand staircase. Nang nasa dulo na siya ay sinulyapan niya pa ang magulang sa ibaba. His father was gripping her mother's elbow, his dark eyes were cold. Nag-uusap ang dalawa sa pigil at mahinang tinig na hindi niya na narinig pa....at hindi na naintindihan pa ng mura niyang edad.

Ang madilim at malamig na mga mata ng ama at ang mahigpit na kapit nito sa braso ng ina, ay senyales na pala ng hindi pagkakaintindihan ng mag-asawa. Sa pagdaan ng mahabang panahon, unti-unti niyang naiintindihan ang lahat.

That even you gave your all to a woman, they will still leave you. They will never stay especially if they are not happy anymore being with you.

"I don't see anything wrong with dad," Brooke whispered, looking down on the glass of vodka above the table. "He gave his all to her. But still, it wasn't enough for her to stay."

"There are people in our lives that wasn't meant to stay. Accept it." His grandfather explain. "Ipapahanap ko para sa'yo."

"No, don't do that." He shook his head in disapproval.