The Final Chapter

Lance's POV
     My eyes glowed blue. Keith looked at me, worried. I stood up, helping Keith to his feet. He smiled at me. "You're amazing."
       I smiled at him and turned to the guards that were now a couple of seconds away. "I'll take the right, you take the left.....", I chuckled, as there were hundreds of the galra soldiers. Keith picked up his bayard which morphed into his sword. "Let's kick some galra ass", he smirked at me. 
        I turned my head and held out my arm. A ray of blue light emitted from my hand.
A couple of guards fell to the floor. Hundreds more came hurtling into the cell. Keith easily sliced and stabbed the ones that ran towards him. I blasted as many of them as I could. I swear it's something you would have seen out of a movie. We were doing a hell of a good job.
At least I thought so. Why the hell did the goddamn witch have to show up? I swear to Christ must everyone we think is dead be alive?!
Once she entered the cell the soldiers all stopped and stood stiffly. "Ah the red and blue Paladins. What a combination. And it appears the blue one has figured out his heritage", she said in a hoarse voice from under her ugly ass cloak.
"Are we here to fight or to talk", Keith grumbled. I couldn't help but snicker. Classic Keith. The witch faced Keith. "Do not worry red Paladin. There will be plenty of fighting", she said and she raised her hand. The soldiers had resumed their fighting. We fended them off pretty well.

   Haggar stood in the same spot the whole time, not moving a muscle. However, with soldiers coming at me from every direction, I didn't have a lot of time to think about it.

After what seemed to be hours, Haggar put her hand up again. The soldiers stopped and fell to the ground. Keith and I looked at each other, panting.

"You two have a lot of fight in you", she said. Then she turned to me.

"But let me ask you this blue paladin. Why do you bother? Why do you want-"

I cut her off, "Oh this shit again? I'm not turning on them again. I'm not joining your side. I'm not leaving Keith. So if you could kindly stop being annoying, we could get this over with", I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Well then, if you won't join me I'll just have to destroy you both", she said and looked up at us.

She outstretched her hand and dark, purple magic stuff flew out of it. I tackled Keith to the ground as the magic just missed my head.

I stood up, eyes still glowing, and blasted a beam of blue light at her. She reflected it with ease. Keith went to charge at her with his sword but was thrown into a wall by a wave of Haggar's hand. "KEITH", I yelled. He gave me a thumbs up to show he was okay.

I glared at Haggar. "Don't touch him", I said through gritted teeth.

She and I outstretched our hands at the same time, both firing magic at each other.

Next, I swear it was like that scene in Harry Potter with the whole wand battle thing. Haggar's magic and mine met in the middle.

Dear God it hurts. Why is it burning like this? Why does hurt this bad!

I lifted my other hand to try and increase the power. Haggar's magic was beating mine. I was going to lose. I was going to die, and then she would kill Keith.

Keith.

Keith!

The thought of her hurting Keith sent me into full rage.

My body glowed blue.

All of a sudden I knew what was going to happen.

"KEITH RUN PLEASE!" I choked out, not turning my head from my battle with Haggar.

"LANCE, NO", he yelled, realising what would happen.

"I love you", I said to him. I looked at his crying face for one second and weakly smiled.

Then, I screamed. Blue and white light erupted from my body.

A hole. A huge hole in the side of the ship.

Leading to the endless black that was space.

I tried. I tried so hard to hold onto the side of the ship.

I watched Haggar's lifeless body fly out of the hole.

Then I saw Keith. He was safe. That's all I needed to know.

He would make it out safe.

I smiled one more smile an shut my eyes.

I let go of the ship.

The final sound that I would ever hear, were the screams of Keith who couldn't save me.

I love you, I thought.

Then that was the end. My vision fogged. And my breathing stopped.

End of Book One.

Well. That's the end guys. I hope you liked the chapter. Book two will be out Thanksgiving weekend. I'm so thankful for all of you guys. Also, ANY PREDICTIONS FOR BOOK TWO?!?! IM SO PUMPED TO PUBLISH IT!! Also tell me how you felt about this book. That's it for now though. Once again, thank you, really. I appreciate every one of you.

This is Fallon Hawkins, signing off.