My eyes widened at being late to my first class and I started running in the hallway before Keith's voice stopped me.

"Pidge, you're going the wrong way."

Blushing, I turned around and followed him.

Luckily, we made it to class on time.

----------------------------------------------
Chemistry was fine.

Except for the glares and whispers I got from other people whenever the teacher wasn't looking.

"Look, it's that new girl."

"Oh yeah, her. I heard that Keith defended her in the parking lot."

"Why her, though?"

"They are supposedly friends?"

"Wow, she thinks that Keith Kogane is actually her friend?"

"Yeah, he is probably pitying her."

"Still, who would want to pity a nerd like her."

That last comment brought water to my eyes and I quickly wiped them away before anybody could see. Then, I asked Keith if we could switch spots.

"Why?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"N-nothing, I-I just w-want to s-sit where y-y-you are sitting," I replied, praying that I didn't sound like I was close to bursting into tears.

Dang it Katie! Why are you acting like a crybaby!

"Katie, what's wrong?" Keith asked, seeing through my act. 

"I-I said n-n-nothing is w-wrong!" I said, my voice giving out at the end. 

Tears started falling from my eyes and I tried to wipe them away before Keith would see them, but he held my hands as he brushed away the tears.

"Aww, Pidge, why are you crying?" He asked in a worried voice, wondering why I suddenly started crying.

I just put my head down, not wanting to tell him the real reason why. I mean, it was stupid enough anyway. Who cries when they hear someone say something mildly mean about them?

"Okay, I will switch spots with you, but you have to tell me what's wrong. When Matt sees that you have been crying, I am going to be the one who will most likely get hurt," he said as he picked up his stuff and switched seats with me.

I laughed at the thought of Matt getting mad at Keith, and I could see Keith smile in the corner of my eye, glad that I had finally stopped being sad.

The rest of class went through smoothly; no one made any comments about me, and slowly, Keith stopped giving me so many looks to make sure I was okay. It was a bit annoying, but it warmed my heart that he was actually worried about me.

Once the bell rang, we both went outside to go to our lockers. Then, we parted ways to go to our second and third blocks.

After third block ended, I went to my locker and saw that Lance and Hunk were waiting for me. I said a quick hi to them, which they said back, and I got all of my materials out of my locker for English. Then, we started walking to class. Although Lance wasn't in the same class as Hunk and I, he had it in the same hall, so all three of us could walk together.

"So, Katie, how was your first day at Voltron High," Hunk asked me as we walked up the stairs.

"I-It was p-pretty good," I replied, not knowing what else to say. 

"Anything interesting happen?" Lance questioned, a curious look on his face. 

"N-no," I replied, confused when both of them gave each other a knowing look.

"Are you sure?" Because I heard from multiple sources that you and a certain Mr. Bad Boy are friends right now," Lance said, smirking.

I looked down and blushed. "W-well, t-that's nothing."

"C'mon Katie, that's big news. Keith isn't just friends with anyone you know," Hunk said, sounding exasperated that I was brushing off the fact that Keith and I were just friends.

"Ok," I said, not knowing what else I was supposed to say. Both of them dropped the topic and we continued our journey to fourth block.

When it was time for lunch, Hunk and I stopped by our lockers to get our packed lunch before heading towards the cafeteria. Like yesterday, Lance was sitting on a table in the corner, but he wasn't alone. Instead, there was another guy chatting with him. Confused, Hunk and I walked towards the table, and when the mystery guy turned around, I instantly recognized who it was.

Keith.

"Hey Pidge, Hunk." Keith smiled at me and gave a small nod to Hunk, which he returned. 

We both waved to him and Lance as we sat down at the table. I was forced to sit with Keith since there were no other spots except for the one next to Lance, which Hunk took. 

Lance and Hunk started talking about something while I started to eat my lunch. A few seconds later, I felt someone's eyes on me and saw that Keith was just looking at me.

"W-what?" I asked, blushing. 

"Are you just going to ignore me, your best friend?" he asked, a hand on his heart, mocking hurt.

Feeling guilty, I started to blabber, "I-I-I am s-sorry! I d-didn't m-mean to-"

"Calm down Pidge, it was just a joke," Keith said, stopping me from my torture. I just nodded, embarrassed that I couldn't even recognize a joke. 

"Hey," a voice cut through, "I thought I was your best friend!" Lance exclaimed.

Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I said, "You all are m-my friends."

"But I wanna be your best friend," Lance whined, earning a glare from Keith.

"Pidge is my best friend, so shut up Lance," Keith said, pulling me closer to him, making me squeak out in surprise.

Lance just smirked and said, "A little jealous, are we Mullet?"

Keith just groaned and replied, "Stop calling me Mullet?"

And that was how lunch went on: Lance kept on teasing Keith, I tried to talk to Keith a little bit, and Hunk enjoyed the free source of entertainment that laid out before him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Chapter 8 is finally up!

So, Keith now has new friends: Pidge, Lance(kind of), and Hunk. 

What do you think of the story so far?

Who is your favorite character?

I really thank everyone who is still reading this story!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!!