I need a ride - Roman x Logan

Start from the beginning

For a few moments, Logan didn't realise the bike had stopped, he was still pressed up to Roman, arms like a vice around his body. Roman didn't mind, for some reason he...really liked it. Smiling, he wriggled his body a little, giving Logan the sign to get off and stop embarrassing himself. "Oh..." he caught sight of his house and jumped off the bike like it was a pile of fire, hastily taking off the helmet to give it to him.

"Thank you, Roman" Logan nodded while brushing his hair so it wasn't so flat. "We should do that more often" Roman winked, revving his engine and disappearing out of sight before noticing the blush that darted across Logan's cheeks.

Clearing his throat, Logan twirled around on his feet, heading up to his house in a flurry, body tingling from the occurrences that played out moments prior.

He hadn't spoken to Roman in so long, ever since they became older, he was always more distracted by popularity, and plays, stuff Logan never really found that important. Due to this, they began to split, and with one final argument, they stopped talking to each other completely. Right now, Logan couldn't even remember what the argument was about, the more he thought about it, the more he felt his heart weigh down sorrowfully. He missed Roman - god, he's spent so long trying to suppress that, but he couldn't any longer, especially not after this.

What hurt Logan most, though, was the thought Roman probably never wanted to be his friend again.

The next day, Logan periodically checked his phone, wondering if he would gain a text from his mom saying she couldn't pick him up again. He couldn't tell if he wanted that to be the case, or if he was doing it so he knew to catch the first bus, avoiding Roman completely. He sometimes saw glimpses of red, white and gold, but whenever he did he turned his head and focused on his work. He didn't need to think about Roman now, or ever again.

Things never worked out like that, though. Last lesson, Logan was held back by the teacher so they could talk about a few things about his future. Once he arrived outside, he grimaced when he couldn't see his mom anywhere. He had received a text from her, telling him she couldn't wait for him any longer, and he would have to catch the bus again. Great.

Once again, Roman spotted the nerd by his bike. Ushering his friends away, he headed over a little hastily, grinning smugly. "I'm not an Uber, Specs" he commented, but again handed Logan the helmet, ready for the ride. Logan took it quickly, sitting it on his head. He did feel slightly guilty Roman didn't have any protection, but he feared for his life more than Roman's, so he didn't try and argue.

"I never insulated you were, you are merely willing to give me a ride" Logan replied back, wrapping his arms around Roman's waist, said boy snorted but said nothing more, shifting a little to become comfortable, before driving through the car park and onto the street. He went slower this time, so Logan wouldn't freak out and began to panic again - even still, he kept a faster speed than yesterday, sometimes at red lights he'd turn his head to check if Logan was okay. The boy behind him would often be staring at cars longingly, though, so in the end he stopped.

Admittedly, driving through nature was lovely, and Roman always enjoyed taking a bike ride through here. What made it better, though, was the two arms wrapped around his stomach, and the body pressed into his own. Roman hated splitting away from Logan all that time ago, which was why he was driving Logan home right now, because he wanted to try anything he could to get their friendship back up again.

"I think I should get a reward for this" Roman commented once Logan got off the bike and handed his helmet over. Logan quirked an eyebrow, shuffling his bag on his shoulders to become more comfortable. "Like what?" He replied, genuinely curious. Roman tapped his cheek, smirking. "A kiss?" Logan's face fell into a deadpan, shaking his head and turning to his house.

"Goodbye, Roman"

Low and behold, the same occurrence happened the next day, his mother had bailed, and he had no other choice but wait by Roman's bike. Once nearing, he noticed how there were two helmets instead of one, and felt his stomach drop with disappointment. He must be giving someone else a lift. Ready to turn and go, he felt an hand grab his arm, spinning him around. "And where are you going?" Roman questioned, handing one helmet to him.

Logan took it apprehensively, "you brought two helmets?" Roman shrugged and nodded, sliding on. "I hoped this would become a regular thing" he excused himself, putting on his own helmet. Logan felt his face heat up, so he quickly put on his own and sat behind Roman, hugging up to his body tightly. Over the few days he had become more and more comfortable on the bike, yet for most of the journey he did still have his head buried into Roman's back, eyes closed.

Truly surprising both boys, this became an everyday thing. Logan found himself telling his mother he had found a new way home, and every time he sat on that bike, arms wrapped around his old friend, Logan couldn't help but feel like he wanted this to last forever, their close proximity, the friendly banter, the coy smiles, the flirtatious remarks - both boys couldn't get enough.

One day, Logan cocked his head curiously, Roman hadn't given him enough space to get onto the back. Was this his sign to tell him he couldn't get as ride today? All was answered when Roman patted the seat before him, watching with a laugh as Logan nearly dropped his bag in surprise and shock.

"C'mon, nerd, I'll teach you" he chuckled, nudging to the spot again. "Roman, I can't-" Logan tried, but let himself be dragged over and put on the bike. His face heated up when Roman shuffled close, and when he rested his hands on his hips, he melted, his touch starvation coming into full show. Roman subtly acted like he didn't notice, trailing his hands up his sides and down his arms, pulling his hands up onto the handle bars.

"Ready?" Roman murmured right into his ear as the boy had "accidentally" forgotten their helmets that day. Logan thought it was highly dangerous, especially as he was 'driving' but he didn't complain or say anything about it, because he did feel the helmets would get in their way. Besides, feeling Roman's head on his shoulder was exhilarating, something he couldn't get enough of.

For the entire trip, Roman didn't let go of Logan's hands, he did most of the steering, while Logan helped out a little, although his focus was on how warm Roman's body was pressed up against his back.

When the bike stopped, he felt his heart drop in disappointment. "We should do this again" Roman murmured, trailing his hands up Logan's thighs, feeling the boy shudder and squirm made his heart pick up and grin widen. "Uh-y-Yeah" Logan panted, feeling like he was a puddle against Roman's body, his hands on his sides and stomach was enough to make him slither to the ground in bliss.

Minutes passed before Logan finally stepped off the bike, not before Roman placed a cheeky kiss to his cheek, though.

They definitely did that again, although the next time, it wasn't on the bike...

11:07pm