Facing Demons

*1 week later

Blake

"Yes ma , i got you and dad's gift in the mail. No I haven't opened it yet. I will I promise. I gotta go Dave is facetiming me. Love you too , bye."

I hung up and accepted Dave's facetime call.

"Hey babe", i said smiling at the screen.

"Wassup mama. You looking good", he said smiling.

 You looking good", he said smiling

"Thanks babe. I miss youuuuu", I said pouting.

"I miss you too mama ,Ill be back in a few days and I'm all yours."

I let out a long sigh. "Ughhh ok. Are tou having a good time though?"

"A good time?! Its all work no play. Plus you aint here so how can I have a good time." He shrugged.

"Thats good to hear." I beamed smiling into the camera.

"Hahaha dang ma. So you want a nigga to be miserable without you?",he chuckled.

"Yep. You don't need to have fun without me."

"I feel you. I hope you aint been having fun without me."

"How could I ? All I do is sit at home and look for a job all day." I rolled my eyes.

"I told you to stop worrying about that. Did you get that email Chazz sent you?"

I sucked my teeth hard. "Who?"

"Hahaha man quit playing. I really need you to open it ma . Do it for me?"

I rolled my eyes.
"Ok, David. Only cause you asked me to."

"Good. Now look I gotta go mama , I have a little interview I gotta do and a photoshoot afterwards so I'll hit you later today , Aight."

"Aight", i said mocking him.

"Mannnn hahahaha you hell. Bye mama."

"Byeeee", I waved hanging up the phone.

I sat down on my bar stool and laid my phone down. I looked up to see Chris staring back at me with a look of disgust on his face.

"What nigga?!"

"You had to do all that lovey dovey stuff in front of a nigga? ", he scoffed.

"Uh yeah. I told you what this was. We", i said pointing between us ," are just friends. Thats it. Im not gonna ignore my man just cause you're here."

He nodded his head up and down and left me in the kitchen as he left my apartment. I let out a long sigh not even bothering after him. I just didn't have the energy. Dave left me right after Christmas to go out of town and handle business. He's been gone for a week and still had a few more days. I didn't want him missing out on opportunities because of me so I pushed him to go. After the whole firing situation I decided to take some time for myself. I was still looking for a job ,but I wasn't pressing the issue. I needed a break. Everything was just becoming too much.