[ 5 ] A Quirk Assessment Test?!

Start from the beginning

"Know your own maximum first," Aizawa muttered, turning to the group and holding up Bakugou's score. 705.2 metres. "That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero."

Lots of thoughts emitted from the crowd, but (Y/N) was lost in thoughts on who's quirk to use and how to use it.

"'It looks fun', huh?" Aizawa muttered, and everyone went quiet. "You have three years to become a hero. Will you have an attitude like that the whole time?"

"Whatta buzzkill," you muttered to Kirishima, who nodded in acknowledgement.

"Alright. Whoever comes in last place of all the eight tests will be deemed to have no potential... and will be punished with expulsion."

(Y/N) turned to the girl who's long black hair was tucked in a ponytail, both thinking the same thing. "Obviously he wouldn't expel us," the girl explained, and (Y/N) nodded.

"You think? He's probably saying that so we give our all, huh? I'm (L/N), by the way."

"Momo! Nice to meet you, (L/N)." The two exchanged smiles, turning back to Aizawa.

"We're free to do what we want at the expenses of our students," Aizawa said, tucking his hair back off his forehead.

"Welcome to UA's Hero Course!"

"Last place will be expelled?!" Uraraka shouted. "But it's the first day of school! No, even if it wasn't the first day, this is way too much!" Frantically looking around, short brown hair flying with her, Uraraka looked for back up on her claim. Everyone stayed quiet.

"Natural disasters, big accidents, and selfish villains. Calamities that cannot be predicted. Japan is covered in unfairness. Heroes are the ones to reverse the situation. If you wanted to go talk to your friends at Mickey D's after school, too bad. For the next three years, UA will do all it can to give you one hardship after the next. Go beyond. Plus Ultra," Aizawa said, motioning with one finger towards himself.

"Overcome it with all you've got."

A determined look crossed (Y/N)'s face, and even though she knew nobody was out, her teacher's words filled her with determination for the trials to come.

"All right, demonstration's over. The real thing starts now."

Test One : Fifty-Metre Dash!

"On your mark," the machine shouted to the two runners. (Y/N) noted their appearances to take down mental notes for their quirks and aim to get the most optimal ones so she could get a good score. It was a short girl with long green hair tied in a bow and big green eyes and the boy from before, the blue haired one.

"Get set..." a shot rung out, and the runners were off. The boy scored 3.04 seconds, and (Y/N) noticed engines in his legs. The other girl hopped along like a frog, getting 5.58 seconds.

The next duo were up. Ochako and a tall blonde with a large tail. Ochako kept tapping her clothes, and (Y/N) could make out her lips saying something along the lines of 'make them lighter'. They scored 5.48 seconds and 7.15 seconds.

"Oh, that's faster than I was in junior high!" Uraraka cheered for herself.

Next was a peculiar blond boy and a pink skinned girl. The boy shot a laser out of his stomach and the girl used acid to 'skeet' along (according to a blonde boy in the back. Kaminari, maybe?)

Next was her and the blonde boy from before, but (Y/N) had already had her plan laid out. Getting both his and Uraraka's quirks, she tagged explosions onto her shoes. Uraraka seemed to release herself with the tips of her fingers after she was done. Maybe if I do that the explosion will set off.

Bending down low, and placing her feet on the sprint blocks, (Y/N) prepared herself. "Don't think you're going to win against me," the blonde boy muttered. The (h/c) girl simply rolled her eyes.

"On your mark... get set..." at the signal fire, the two darted off, and at a quarter of the track (Y/N) jumped and placed her fingertips together.

"Release!" she called out, and the explosions from the bottom of her shoes set off in six rounds and blew her off to the end of the line, and she landed on her butt, legs in front of her.

"3.56 seconds!" The machine shouted out. Second place!

Turning back, she had finished right before the blonde boy, who had gotten 4.16 seconds. a .20 second difference, but nonetheless a win on her part.

Confident in her abilities, (Y/N) let go of both the quirks, a big smile across her face. She walked back to the crowd, and an arm pulled her aside. "Is that your quirk?" A girl with uneven purple hair asked. She had earphone jacks dangling from her ears.

"No? Well, yes - but it's not. But it is." The girl quirked a brow, and a hand clapped her back. It was a tall plain looking boy.

  "Whatta quirk! You used explosion boy's like it was nothing."

      "Yeah, yeah! You go!" Kaminari cheered.

       "I've never seen such a show stopping move! Gotta teach me your technique." A pink skinned girl said.

"Thanks!" The merging girl said, and turned her attention back to the runners.

1 out of eight tests had been completed. It could only go uphill from here, right?

(author's notes!

yes, i do know bakugou sweats nitroglycerin to use his explosion but i didn't feel like explaining that so just pretend it worked out some way. it's fan fiction right? i can change a few things. :P

thanks for reading!)