[ 11 ] Miss Todoroki

"Hey! (Y/N)!" Your father called from the kitchen, and you ran down, your dog Elwood at your feet.

     Stopping short in the doorway, you smiled at the man who had tired blue eyes. "What's up dad?"

     "I need you to run and get groceries. Also, could you stop and visit your grandmother at the hospital? I'm tied up with work here."

     You nodded, leaving up for your room to get ready for the small trip. Throwing on black jeans, a UA t-shirt and a pair of black converse. Wasn't anything special, but it would have to do. A buzz from your phone snapped you out of your mind set.

New Message Now
BeRkUt :P
good morning group chat. i hate you all. except rinea.

New Message Now
AlmOND
Rude! Apologize to Celica right now

New Message Now
BeRkUt :P
fuck off you stupid bitch

Wow. Positive. You had no idea why you were in that chat, but Berkut put you in it. They all go to different school, Valentia High. Most are transfer students from the cities of Rigel and Zofia in Europe. Slipping your phone into your back pocket, you traipsed down the stairs, and out the front door into the nice weather.

***

Stopping short at the revolving hospital doors, you opened it wide and stood at the tall front desk, tapping your foot up and down until it was your turn at the front.

The secretary had her green hair pulled back neatly into a ponytail, her name tag reading 'Lyndis'. She turned to you with a bright smile. "How can I help you?"

"I'm looking for the room number for (L/N) Hanako?" You queried.

The secretary opened a tab on her computer, and began typing away. Turning back to you, she said, "She should be in room 289!"

"Thank you!" You called, moving to the elevator. The soft music played as your phone blew up in your back pocket. Probably Tobin and Gray having a lover's spat. You silenced your ringer.

Eventually you let off the cramped hell hole called an elevator and down the 200 hallway. "297... 298! I think that was the room she said..." you mumbled to yourself, and grasped the cold handle tightly. Opening the door slowly, you were greeted with by a pale woman with long white hair and a solemn expression.

That's not... my grandmother? You thought

She softly smiled at you, though she did look ever so confused.

"I'm sorry- I must have the wrong room!" You blurted, going to shut the door.

"Ah, no. You can stay. It's not always I get company from someone up here."

Quirking a brow, you walked into the room, shutting the door behind you softly. The lady smiled and you took over a chair.

"I'm Todoroki, Todoroki Rei." She said in a voice with a natural melody to it.

"I'm (L/N). It's a pleasure to meet you. I have a peer named Todoroki."

Her gaze hardened at your statement. "You're in UA? His first name?"

"Yes, and I believe Shoto."

A look of sadness crossed the woman's face, and her gaze down casted. "That's my son," she said drearily.

"Small world, then," you chuckled. Todoroki smiled at that.

"I haven't seen Shoto in years. None of my family ever comes to visit, just that one kind volunteer, Hinoka."

A pang hit your heart, and you nodded. "It must be rough. I could visit more often, if you'd like."

Todoroki placed her hand on top of yours. "I would enjoy that, thank you."

You shook your head. "It's nothing, really- just doing something that people should do. I think everyone deserves a friend."

"As do I," Todoroki said with a smile, "you're a very kind young lady."

"If only my friends believed that one!" You laughed.

"Oh, entertain me with a story of that!" Todoroki said, laughing along with you.

A story popped into your head, and you begun to tell it. "Well, it all starts with Clive and Clair..."

***

You'd lost time of how long you had stayed with Todoroki. The two of you talked for hours about nothing and everything. Looking over at the clock on the white wall, it read 5:34.

"It's getting late, oh my," Todoroki said, knowing exactly what you had to do. "Promise me you'd come back to visit? I had a great time with you."

You nodded, picking up the chair and placing it back by the door. "Of course! I did enjoy this. Maybe next time you can share a story."

The woman's lips curved up once more. It seemed forced, however she said, "Yes, I have plenty you can hear."

Opening the door, you turned back to wave one more time. "Goodbye, Mrs. Todoroki!"

"Goodbye, (L/N)! Farewell!"

Closing the door gently, you picked your phone out of your back pocket. 629 notifications, you thought. All from the 'Valentia kidz' chat.

You placed it back where it came from, and turned to the room number. 298.

The lady at the counter told you your grandmother's number was 289.

"All's well that ends well," you mumbled happily. Todoroki was a really nice lady, and to top it all off she was your friends' mother!

Suddenly, your mistake didn't seem all that bad.