Day 8: Cooking / Baking

Start from the beginning

More questions arises from the glitched skeleton's mind.

He swung his legs over the edge of the mattress, placing his feet on the cold hardwood floor and started putting pressure on it. He could feel the ache running up his legs and suddenly, he remembers yesterday's event.

His knees gave out and he fell on the floor with a loud thud and pained yelp.

Heavy footsteps were heard from outside the door before it swung open, revealing a panicking Death. Geno was surprised to see him.

The taller skeleton, upon seeing Geno on the floor, rushed to his side and began fussing over him. "What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Death frantically asked before carrying Geno back on the bed.

Geno was still trying to process the fact that Death was here. Right in front of him. Caring for him.

Tears welled in Geno's eye as his lips trembled, worrying Death even more. Geno thought Death left him. He thought he doesn't want to see him anymore.

Geno lunged at Death, wrapping his arms around the taller skeleton's neck, not caring if he pulled the IV tube too hard causing the pole to topple over. Death was mildly startled as his hand automatically went to catch the pole while the other rubbed Geno's smaller back.

Death was briefly confused before he melted in Geno's embrace and snuggled his face against the smaller one's warm neck.

"I thought you hated me." Geno said quietly with slightly trembling voice.

Death couldn't believed his 'ears'. "Why would I hate you?"

Geno didn't answer.

Death sighed as he continues rubbing the other's back comfortingly. "Whomever told you that is a big jerk with no life." The taller skeleton gently pried Geno off of him before lifting a hand and wiping the tears in Geno's eye.

"Have you forgotten? I told you I love you." Death said and leaned closer. Resting his forehead against the other's while staring at each other's eyes. The taller skeleton closed the distance and their 'lips' met for a brief moment.

Geno was... well, embarrassed to say the least. He shouldn't have over thought about everything.

"Come, I'll make something. You haven't eaten anything all day." Death said and pulled Geno up to his feet. Only for Geno to collapsed as the his legs refused to cooperate with him.

Death caught him, concern flashing in his eyes as he helped the smaller skeleton sat back down on the bed. "You okay?"

Geno nodded. Although "I don't think I can walk." He most likely overexert his legs from climbing up the ninth floor using only the stairs.

Death seemed to understand as he slipped a hand under Geno's knees and the other goes behind the latter's back. The young chief effortlessly carried him to the small kitchen and setting him down on a stool by the counter. Of course, they didn't forget the IV pole.

Geno noticed a bag of groceries on the counter before him.

"Is there anything in particular you want to eat?" Death asked as he put on an apron.

"Can you even cook?" Geno humored him with a slight chuckle.

Death grinned. "Nope. It shouldn't be that hard, right?" Death took out his phone and started searching for recipes.

"I want something warm." Geno said. He was starting to hungry. It was weird that only now that he felt hunger considering he barely eat anything these past few days. Although Geno didn't say anything about it or Death will have a fit.

"Soup it is, then." Death finalized and a few seconds later, he managed to decide what kind of soup. "Is chicken and noodle soup okay?"

Geno nodded as Death hand him over the phone with the list of ingredients and procedure displayed on the screen.

Geno read the instructions out loud while Death performed accordingly. Chopping the carrots, onion and celery while the boiling the chicken in a pot of water.

Death started sautéing the chopped ingredients and Geno breathe in the sweet aroma. Death smiled wider at the smaller skeleton's adorable reaction.

A few minutes later, Geno instructed Death, as per the recipe says, to combine the sautéed mixture to the pot of broth, as well as the pasta and allow it to cook for fifteen minutes.

Death took off the apron after doing so and taking the seat next to Geno. "So, how did I do?" He asked smugly, proud of his work.

"It's too early to judge." Geno looked over to the pot on the stove. "And you still have to shred the chicken." The glitched skeleton added.

"Oh yeah." That didn't take long and Death was back beside the glitched skeleton.

While they wait, "Hey, Geno" Death began and Geno hummed, fiddling with the edge of the band-aid on the back of his hand. "You really scared me."

Geno's expression faltered. His gaze shifting to the taller skeleton beside him.

"I saw you passed out on the floor, burning with fever and then throwing up." Death quietly said, losing his previous strong demeanor and replaced with something... almost defeated.

"I'm sorry." Geno apologized but was quickly denied.

"No! You shouldn't be sorry! It wasn't in you control." Death said. "I am the one who should be sorry. I'm not there when you needed me." Guilt. It was gnawing at him.

"But you are now." Geno said and grinned at Death's astonished expression.

"heh" Death chuckled as he got up from his seat and went over to Geno. Standing closely before the glitched skeleton. "I am so lucky I met you." Death whispered which made Geno blushed furiously.

Death leaned down and cupped Geno's cheek, bringing them closer to a kiss.

A hissing sound was heard from behind Death before their 'lips' touched, interrupting their moment and they looked over to see the pot boiling over. The spilled broth making contact with the scorching stove creating a hissing sound.

S**t!

Death hurried over and lifted the lid off the pot, burning his fingers in the process and quickly turning off the stove. Geno watched while giggling at Death's frantic attempts to keep everything back in control.

They finished the rest of the recipe's instruction and Death served them the soup.

"How is it?" The young chief asked with anticipation.

Geno lifted his spoon to his mouth, softly blowing on it a few times to cool it down, before carefully sipping it. "It's actually good." The smaller skeleton complimented and the young chief grinned proudly.

They ate together while sharing the moment. Completely forgetting about everything else.

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

AN: It's 1:30 in the morning. I'll edit this when I wake up.