Steve

There are worse ways to die, right? I mean I could have easily been torn apart by razorbacks before Jackson and I had gotten married and had a decent life together, even though we were on the run. Before I had this loving family to call my own. But I am dying next to the man I love. Even though it was his sister who killed us. But there are worse ways to go. But in my last moments of consciousness, I couldn't help but think of all the things Jackson and I would never have and would never see. We'd never have a family of our very own. I'd never get to see Jackson be the amazing father I know he would be. We'd never see our children get married, or met our grandchildren. We'd never see Isaac grow up or see if Jamie and Mitch stop dancing around one another.

To even my surprise, I wake up, to me what feels like seconds later. When I wake up I see Clem hold her hands over my face. Once she lets out I cough up what feels like water and roll over to try and get it out. When I look over I see Jackson next to me, laying on his stomach, wheezing. As I look around I see the others in the same state. Jackson reaches up toward Clem and Sam, "What happened?"

I lay my head down on the floor and try to catch my breath, but I hear Clem, "Easy. easy. I used tank concentrate to speed up your healing."

I chuckle and lift my head, still not looking at Clem, "That's my girl." I give her a thumbs up.

"You're gonna be okay, just take it slow."

I see Jackson trying to stand out of the corner of my eyes, "You. Where's Abigail? You help her with this?"

I look over to Sam, who shakes his head, "How? You left me locked in a cage."

Jackson steps forward, clearing still not having his balance back, "He's working with Abigail, Clem. She's brainwashed him."

"It's not true." Sam clenches his jaw.

As I stand I hear Mitch, "Clem. You're out of the tank."

I finally get to my feet and look over to Clem, "And she's full term..."

"How long was I out?" Mitch looks over to Jamie.

Sam points to Abe, "He gave her something to speed up her pregnancy."

"You sped up her pregnancy? How?" Mitch asks, grabbing his knees.

"With the hybrid growth factors." Abe sighs.

"You put hybrid goo in my daughter? Was that not worth a little chat? And who are you?" Mitch points to Sam, "Who's this guy?"

I take what few steps I can out from between Sam and Mitch before Abe answers. If Mitch doesn't remember that now, I don't wanna be in his way."He's the baby's father. How do you not remember that?"

Jamie stands, "Because Mitch never met Sam. He was Duncan."

I shake my head, "You turned off the bio-drive back at the compound."

Jamie shakes her head, "He was Duncan until right before Abigail attacked us."

Mitch shakes his head, "So you could have changed me back and you didn't?"

Abe looks over to Jamie, "Is that why Abigail was resurrected? Did Mr. Duncan do something to her?"

Jackson turns his head toward Jamie, "Why would you do that?"

Jamie sighs, "To kill Abigail. You weren't gonna do it." Jamie gestures to Jackson, then to Abe, "You weren't gonna do it," then to me and Mitch, "Neither were you two. So I asked Duncan to do it and he did. Or I thought that he did."

"Okay," Mitch leans against the staircase railing, "I've heard enough. Clem, come on, let's go. We got to get you to a real doctor." He glances to Jamie as he starts to walk, "You... can't even look at you..."