Nest

Once the plane lands in Seoul Jackson and I head to the location Dariela had given us on the nest. When we get there we see Logan and a few other men suited up in yellow hazmat suits and hear Logan talking to Dariela, "The window seems to be 20 minutes. Garrison doesn't want anyone in that nest until they can write up a full report."

"So in the meantime, we just wait." Logan shrugs his shoulders, oblivious to the fact Jackson and I are there.

"Officially, you are to stand by and await further orders."

"And unofficially?"

As Logan asks Dariela this question Jackson calls out, "That's where we come in."

"I'll let them explain." Dariela comments as Logan drops his arms and turn towards us.

I smirk, "Come on, you didn't expect us to let you have all the fun."

"Why are you two here?" Logan shakes his head.

"We need spinal samples from those hybrids."

"I thought you already had them?"

Jackson sighs, "Yeah, we did. But something happened and we needed to use them to save Abigail."

"So you're doing this to save Abigail? You two realize that she's a terrorist. Terrorist responsible for hundreds of deaths and for releasing hybrids all over the word?"

Jackson nods, "Believe me, this case has been made."

"It's not like we are happy about it either." I walk past Logan, slapping him on the arm. "But her plan isn't finished." I lay my bag down and start getting suited up.

"There's more she can tell us," Jackson comments as he does the same.

Logan nods, "Oh, so you're sure the fact that she's your sister has nothing to do with it?"

I chuckle, "trust me, any love he has for her is dwarfed by my hatred of her. So no need to worry about that."

"What about your love for him? Does your hatred for her trump that?"

I look over to Jackson then back to Logan, "little bit." I pull on the hazmat suit, "trust me, Logan. This is for the best."

Jackson nods, "we need the schematics of where you need the explosives laid."

"Guys, you're gonna have a 20-minute window in there. There's no way you'll be able to sift through thousands of eggs to find the sic that you actually need. It's impossible."

"We know." I smile, "That's why there's two of us."

Logan sighs, "I'm going with you." I look over to Logan a little surprised, "What can I say? I've always been a sucked for an impossible challenge."

"Famous last words." I chuckle as I walk over to the door and hit the button, opening them as the boys follow me.

In our full getups we have the hazmat suits, headsets, masks, packs, and flashlights, and Logan has a guns loaded with chem-packs to suppress the spores, so I'd say at the very least we'll be alright, for the twenty minutes we have, which Dariela keeps reminding us as soon as Logan shots the chem-packs, "You guys have exactly 20 minutes. That chem pack won't suppress the spores for any longer than that."

As we look around as the nest, eggs hanging everywhere like old fruit hangs from a dying tree. The eggs squishing and chittering. "That chem pack should make it safe for you two to handle the hybrid eggs and extract the spinal fluid without setting off the spores. Emphasis on Should."

Jackson shrugs, "Only one way to find out."

Jackson takes one of the syringes and slowly inserts it into one of the eggs. The fluid in the egg squishes as he extracts the spinal fluid. As Jackson removes the needle Dariela calls out to us, "one down, 16 minutes left. Come on, guys, pick up the pace."

I look over to Jackson, "We need to split up."

"All right." Jackson nods and looks over to Logan, handing him a few syringes before we all split and look for different hybrids. After a little while of looking for hybrids, Jackson calls out, "How's it going over there?"

Logan responds first, "Just got fluid from a razorback. Kat?"

"I got a snake and a woolly rhino. Jackson?"

"I got a tentacle thing. So we still need the ape hybrid."

"Like Abendegos."

Logan sighs, I can only imagine looking at his watch, "Look, we got about five minutes left and we still haven't checked the southeast quadrant."

I clear my throat, "then why don't you boys meet me over there."

As I head toward the Southeast Quadrant Dariela comes over the headset, "Jackson, I have Abe on the line for you. He says it's important."

"Dariela, nows not really a good time," Jackson response.

Abe comes on over the headset, "Rafiki, I'm afraid I have bad news. It's Abigail. We lost her."

Jackson sighs, "yeah. Uh... I'm sure you did everything you could, huh?"

As I make my way southeast look for the ape hybrid. While I am I hear Dariela, she sounds worried and rushed, "Jackson? Kat? Logan? I need you to drop everything and get out now."

"Say what?" I question. "We're almost done."

"No, you are done. The eggs are hatching. Get out now!" Dariela shouts I jump as I feel something hit my back when I turn I see it's Jackson. As the eggs start to fall around us the two of us hurry to try to find the last hybrid, eggs chittering and falling all around us. "Guys, I need you to evacuate that building right now."

"We need to go," Logan comments as he catches up to us.

Jackson shakes his head, "Logan, we have to get that sample."

"No, trust me, it's not worth it."

I turn to Logan, "We need to cure sterility."

Jackson continues to look and I resume looking as Logan sighs, "My toxin meter's on yellow."

"Got it." I look over to Jackson as he starts to get his syringe out, having found the last hybrid. Once he pulls the syringe out he shouts, "let's go. Let's go! Move!"

The three of us turn and run as fast as we can toward the exit, making sure the other two are nearby the whole way. As we run more and more eggs fall around us. As we run Dariela comes back on the headset, "guys, can you hear me? Change of plans. Go to the southwest stairwell."

"What? Why?" We stop running for a moment.

"Just listen to me. Go to the stairwell now." We turn and run toward the stairwell, hearing explosions behind us as we dive into the stairwell and down the stairs. Jackson landing on top me and Logan nearby. "Jackson? Kat? Logan? Talk to me."

I sigh as I look up to Jackson, "We're fine. We're okay."

"It's good to hear your voice."

Jackson chuckles, "guys we can knock that one off our bucket list."

"You guys need to be Oscar Mike before those spores filter through the dust. I'm gonna send an exfil team to get you."

Jackson nods, "Copy that, we'll be ready."

Once we are evacuated, Jackson and I head back to the plane exhausted when we get out of the car and I walk over to Jackson, Abigail steps into the cargo bay. Jackson and I both freeze. "Abigail." Jackson whispers, "How are you here?"

The next thing I know I hear a gunshot and feel a sharp burning pain in my stomach and Jackson kneeling over me before I hear another gunshot and see Jackson fall next to me, hearing Abigail whisper, "Goodbye, brother."

Jackson and I reach for the other, grabbing the other's hand as we lose consciousness.