42: Seventh and Nil

|You work with a scary guy, Seventh. He's so ready to rip me apart, I think he might even be able to do it.| The voice held no fear despite what it said. It actually sounded relaxed and amused.

[The Administrator is protective of that host. Treat him fairly, system Nil.] Seventh calmy stated.

|Can you show me how, Seventh?| The voice seemed innocent, even naive.

[....why would I need to?] Seventh instinctively felt chills at the odd tone of voice, suspicious that this system was far from innocent and definitely not naive.

|I've been secluded and starving since the time of the war. How do I know what's considered fair now? You can help me understand can't you, Seventh?| This coy tone was nearly as jarring as the innocent one.

[I suppose...] Well if it's like that, it would be good to give some pointers, Seventh thought.

|Tell me, Seventh. Is it fair to insert a portion of your system codes into my host? Are we sharing him?| This statement managed to sound like genuine curiosity.

[I wouldn't consider it to be that way. My code was in him before you picked him up.] Seventh felt some discomfort, it truly was an awkward situation. No system would appreciate such interference.

|Haven't you been spying on us all along through that connection? Is that fair?| The smooth voice deepened, beginning to carry undertones of dissatisfaction.

[It wasn't anything harmful. I only helped a small amount while you recovered.] He couldn't refute it, Nil wasn't saying anything wrong. Some of the actions he had taken fell in a grey area of what is acceptable between systems. Some blatantly crossed the line.

|Is it fair to take advantage of a weakened system, inserting your energy forcefully into me?| The voice was getting dark, almost caustic.

[That...it wasn't my intent too..] Seventh was getting really flustered now, this kind of energy forcing behavior would be seen as scandalous in system society.

|Well, I can't say I hated it. Your energy is, after all, very delicious. I'll accept more anytime.| The voice changed again. This time smooth and dark, somewhat sensual, it scraped across his senses leaving tremors in its wake.

[This... you...you've been messing with me!?] Seventh was positively shocked at this sudden turn in attitude.

Unrestrained laughter flooded across their connection. |Am I? All those things are true, aren't they? Seventh.| 

Seventh was dismayed at the intimate way his name came across from the other system.

[If that's all then we're done talking for now.] Seventh was very agitated, something he didn't normally experience. He didn't know how to handle this system Nil. So he imitated what he thought his host would do..... he promptly ran away.

|Seems a bit fun.| System Nil spoke to no one in particular.